West Cecil Health Center (WCHC) is seeking an experienced professional to join our team in Conowingo, MD. WCHC is a thriving nonprofit, community health organization that provides comprehensive and collaborative patient centered healthcare services. Reporting to the Practice Manager, you will support our amazing team of psychiatrists, psychiatric mental health nurse practitioners and Licensed Clinical Social Workers by:
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of West Cecil Health Centers Behavioral Health practice.
- Providing direct supervision to non-provider staff: Managing schedules, payroll, performance reviews, recruitment, onboarding, mentoring and education.
- Ensuring appropriate appointments for patients, insurance verification, prior authorization, and collection of consents, identification cards and insurance cards.
- Monitoring time of service collections, tracking and balancing daily payments, ensuring compliance with sliding fee scale policies and procedures, and updating fee schedules as necessary.
This job might be for you if:
- You have at least 5 years of hands on experience in a medical office, behavioral health experience preferred, supervisory experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Some college coursework, or college degree is a plus.
- You are a strong team builder, enabler of clear communication and you address challenges in an open and constructive manner
- You have excellent customer service skills and are comfortable and confident in managing expectations for both patients and employees.
- You pay attention to the details, and dont let anything slip through the cracks.
- You're an excellent communicator and can clearly articulate business needs, and help drive processes for quick decision making
- You have the ability to think at a high level about strategy and goal setting
- You value innovation, embrace change and are motivated and driven to find a better way.
- You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked.
- You have compassion, kindness and empathy for others, and you value equity and diversity.
At WCHC, we embrace diversity and we don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, or veteran status.