Pest Control Technician Position Description
Purpose: To protect people and property from pest problems
Supervisor: Pest Control Service Manager (may report directly to Pest Control Division Manager)
Education: High School Diploma / GED
Minimum Age: 18 years of age
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday, with seasonal Saturdays (approximately 16 per year)
Work Hours: 6:45 am - 5 pm, with earlier and later requirements
License(s): Valid drivers license, any State-required license or certification
Benefits: Health insurance, paid holidays, paid personal time, retirement savings plan
Work Experience: 1 year of work experience
- Perform basic inspections for pests, pest harborages, and pest entry ways.
- Determine, recommend, and provide required pest management services.
- Inform customers on how to reduce pest pressures through proper sanitation, storage, and landscaping.
- Prepare written reports for customers, and explain services provided when possible.
- Operate and maintain service vehicle, and other service equipment per government, and company guidelines.
- Utilize, secure, and store products and materials in strict accordance with labels, and government and company guidelines.
- Up-sell customers when appropriate, and/or refer sales opportunities to supervisor, and support sales efforts as much as possible.
- Document service activities as required, and complete and submit paperwork as directed.
- Maintain licenses, certifications, and/or registrations as required, and participate in company training as directed.
- Ensure required equipment, products, and materials are on service vehicle to perform scheduled services.
- Assist other production-based departments, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by management.