See all jobs in Des Moines IA
Job Location: Des Moines, IA
Req No. 2021-7403
We are seeking a talented Quality Assurance Analyst III to carry out all quality assurance processes; leading testing on medium to large projects, developing test plans, test cases and automated test cases from functional specifications and business requirements, executing test cases, tracking software defects and verifying the software fixes. This includes unit, integration, system, regression and UAT. This role partners closely with business analysts, software development and the stakeholders of the business. It is essential to ensuring on-time and on-budget delivery of new and enhanced business capabilities that meet or exceed expectations.
- This position is flexibly-remote. That means that this position is currently remote due to COVID. Once we make the transition back into the office, there may be flexibility for a hybrid schedule of both remote and in-office work.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Work closely with analysts, developers and engineers to write test plans, estimates and schedules to support project and product releases.
- Execute test cycles that follow best practice standards, (both manual and automated) producing documented results that determine the release readiness of products or features.
- Facilitate problem solving and troubleshooting of quality issues. Champion effective defect management best practices.
- Mentor and guide the team members in the team on best practices, testing techniques and tools.
- Proactively pursues development opportunities and show expected progress on learning plan.
- Utilize templates, tools, metrics and best practices to verify that products meet business and user requirements.
- Communicate consistently and effectively with internal business partners to understand appropriate business requirements.
- Identify risk areas and provide alternate strategies to address concerns.
- Partners with business and IT to support testing for releases.
- Execute quality assurance test scripts, plans and checklist for complex projects spanning multiple business units.
- Setup test labs as necessary working with the business on UAT testing.
- Ensure there is a full understanding of work effort, timelines and expectations.
- Assist in the development of defect tracking best practices.
- Mentor and Coach the team members on testing best practices, testing tools and testing techniques.
- Guide them on testing estimation process.
- Identifies development Opportunities and works with manager to establish learning focus and learning plan.
- Manages learning plan and reports on progress at quarterly coaching sessions with manager.
- Embraces our culture of growth, change and continuous learning.
- Work with manager to identify a focus for learning, including new testing tools or techniques and testing certifications.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related major, or comparable work experience.
- Five to Eight years' experience testing client/server and Web-based applications.
- Five to Eight years' experience developing, implementing and documenting test plans and test scripts.
- Five to Eight years' experience providing time estimates for application testing.
- Five to Eight years' experience with established and proven software development methodologies and procedures.
- Five to Eight years' experience documenting and managing clear and detailed issue reports.
- Five to Eight years' experience communicating with technical staff and business end users.
- Five to Eight years' effective planning, scheduling, coordinating medium to large projects, meeting deadlines and managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Five to Eight years' SQL skills and experience with Sequel Database Query Analyzer.
- Minimum three years' experience training and mentoring others in quality assurance tasks and responsibilities.
- Five to Eight years' experience in all phases of testing, documenting and communicating results. Specific experience working with current primary technology and software preferred.
- Ability to perform usability testing according to industry standards. Experience conducting user interviews and meetings preferred.
- Experience performing user acceptance testing with the user community to verify it meets their needs preferred.
- SQL Skills and experience with Sequel Database Query Analyzer preferred.
- Testing certifications a plus.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.