See all jobs in Urbandale IA
Job Location: Urbandale, IA
Req No. 2021-7428
Category Business/Client Support
We are seeking a talented Fraud Detection Analyst I who will be responsible for analyzing low to high risk debit and credit card transactions while identifying and reporting potential fraud trends and patterns to minimize potential losses. Fraud Detection Analyst assists cardholders with submitted Lost/Stolen reports and closing down the card.
- This position is on-site. That means that the person in this position is expected to work in our physical office location. As stated above, we are doing everything we can to protect our employees that are working on-site and greatly appreciate their commitment.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Reviews accounts and transactions that have been determined high risk and takes appropriate action.
- Communicates with cardholders via inbound and outbound phone calls.
- Proactively identifies and communicates fraud patterns and trends.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism and customer service to our clients and their members.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least 1 year of Customer Service experience in an office or contact center environment.
- Knowledge of the First Data system.
- Knowledge of Springboard platform.
- Knowledge of Phone System (Finesse and Calabrio).
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to identify fraudulent items.
- Ability to resolve issues with limited supervision.
- Detail Oriented.
- Strong time management skills.
- Some product knowledge and minimum of 1 year Fraud Detection or Prevention experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is preferred.
- Familiarity of current electronic payment fraud trends is a plus.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.