Visiting Angels in Staunton is immediately seeking an
with a caregiver background (PCA, NA, CNA).
The ideal candidate will have two to five years of experience as an Administrative Assistant and Caregiver. Must possess excellent customer service and communication skills, fast learner, team player, self-motivated, self-starter, and able to work independently. Must be able to assist on assignments with a client as a caregiver as well.
- Must have a minimum of two to five years of experience in an office setting
- Must have a minimum of two to five years of experience (PCA, NA, CNA)
- PCA, Nurse Aide Training Certification, CNA license
- Compassionate, empathetic, kind-hearted, nurturing, and excellent communication skills with clients and staff.
- Dedicated, loyal, strong work ethics, hardworking, committed to the company, and what we do.
- Experience with fall risk patients, lifting, ambulation, encouraging mobility and cognitive stimulation, transferring, bathing, dressing, proactive with changes of condition, prior experience with the manual Hoyer & Vera lift preferred, experience with ADL's and IADL's.
- Experience with Alzheimer's, Dementia, Depression, MS, Parkinson's, bed-bound clients, and clients with less mobility, and patients who require moderate to total care.
- Valid Drivers License
- Personal Vehicle
- Auto Insurance
The Administrative Assistant/Caregiver will be:
- Administrative Assistant will provide office support. Tasks to be assigned daily.
- Available to cover shifts with all clients on their scheduled day.
- Administrative Assistant/Caregiver will receive $12/hour Monday - Friday for being in the office or seeing patients.
- Administrative Assistant/Caregiver will be able to travel to all Visiting Angels Clients.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide care for clients by following the Care Plan.
- Report any client-related changes, unusual findings, or concerns.
- Document all client activity in daily service notes and report any concerns.
- Meal preparation
- Light housekeeping
- Transporting to events/appointments
- Ambulation assistance (including stand by, one-person, two-person)
- Medication reminders
- Confirming appointments
- ADL assistance (hygiene, grooming, dressing)
- Cueing to keep on task
- Incontinence assistance
- Preparing menus/grocery shopping
- Daily scheduling management
- Answer multi-line phone system
- Copy, fax, & scan paperwork
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned
- Software Experience - ClearCare, JazzHR, Google Suites
- Experience answering multi-line phone system
- Ability to stand or sit for periods of time
- Ability to lift and transfer as needed
- Proper Handwashing
- Standard precautions for preventing exposure to blood and bodily fluids
- Proper body mechanics
- Verbal and written communication skills
Visiting Angels requires ALL caregivers to pass a state-mandated criminal background check, reference check, and drug screen.
Nationally Known. Locally Owned.