Visiting Angels of Staunton is hiring for:
- the cities of Waynesboro and Staunton
- the county of Augusta
Would you like a rewarding job that provides a sense of accomplishment, joy, and gratification? Are you a caregiver overwhelmed with the need to care for many patients at one time? Would you prefer to spend time developing relationships with your clients instead of rushing between patients? If you love to work with people and have a history as a caregiver, you can become an Angel companion!
The following Job Titles Typically Perform Well in this Environment:
- Care Specialist
- Home Care Aide
- Home Health Aide (HHA)
- Nursing Aide (NA)
- Personal Care Aide (PCA)
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Must have a minimum of one to three years of experience (PCA, NA, CNA)
- PCA, Nurse Aide Training Certification, CNA license
- Compassionate, empathetic, kind-hearted, nurturing, and excellent communication skills with clients and staff.
- Dedicated, loyal, strong work ethics, hardworking, committed to the company, and what we do.
- Experience with fall risk patients, lifting, ambulation, encouraging mobility and cognitive stimulation, transferring, bathing, dressing, proactive with changes of condition, prior experience with the manual Hoyer & Vera lift preferred, experience with ADL's and IADL's.
- Experience with Alzheimer's, Dementia, Depression, MS, Parkinson's, bed-bound clients, and clients with less mobility, and patients who require moderate to total care.
- Valid Drivers License
- Personal Vehicle
- Auto Insurance
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide care for clients by following the Care Plan.
- Report any client-related changes, unusual findings, or concerns.
- Document all client activity in daily service notes and report any concerns.
- Meal preparation
- Light housekeeping
- Transporting to events/appointments
- Ambulation assistance (including stand by, one-person, two-person)
- Medication reminders
- Confirming appointments
- ADL assistance (hygiene, grooming, dressing)
- Cueing to keep on task
- Incontinence assistance
- Preparing menus/grocery shopping
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned
- Ability to stand or sit for periods of time
- Ability to lift and transfer as needed
- Proper Handwashing
- Standard precautions for preventing exposure to blood and bodily fluids
- Proper body mechanics
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Incentive Retention Program: Earn bonus money!
- Offers Tela-doc, supplemental Aflac insurance, and a 401k program
- Start earning Vacation Bonus after 1,000 hours worked
- Offers FREE Continuing Education Units valid towards maintaining your certification and furthering your education
Visiting Angels requires ALL caregivers to pass a state-mandated criminal background check, reference check, and drug screen.
Nationally Known. Locally Owned.