Metalcraft of Mayville
Metalcraft of Mayville is an Equal Opportunity Employer:Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Assembler - 1st shift (West Bend)
Job ID: 2021-1907
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 11
Metalcraft of Mayville, Inc
Reporting to the Assembly/Paint Supervisor, the Assembler is primarily responsible produces components by assembling parts and subassemblies for OEM and SCAG product.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- Positions parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements.
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies.
- Verifies specifications by measuring completed component.
- Resolves assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
- Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality forms.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensure compliance with corporate and plant safety standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school degree, diploma or a GED equivalent qualification from is accredited institution.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to efficiently work in a team and coordinate work with other departments.
- Aptitude to take orders and execute the same efficiently.
- Demonstrated detail orientation, self-motivation skills and ability to multi-task.
- Good finger and hand dexterity.
- Basic knowledge in blue prints reading and torque values.
- Previous experience working within a highly technical environment.
- Strong basic math skills.
- Previous experience with light electrical assembly and/or heavy equipment assembly.
- Previous forklift experience.
- Exposure to a Lean manufacturing environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity