Metalcraft of Mayville|
Metalcraft of Mayville is an Equal Opportunity Employer:Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
5 Axis CNC Programmer/Operator (West Bend)
Job ID: 2021-1908
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 2
Metalcraft of Mayville, Inc
The candidate of choice will be responsible for new product machining development for Metalcraft of Mayville. The candidate will be part of a team operating out of our West Bend facility to create and validate machining programs for CNC Lathes, Vertical & Horizontal CNC Mills and Horizontal 5-Axis CNC machine centers. Metalcraft of Mayville currently uses MasterCAM to complete and send off-line programs to our Machine Centers.
- Read blueprints, drawings, models or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Decide the sequence in which the machine operations have to be carried out and the amount of material to be removed in each step of the sequence.
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Create and modify programs with company software and document all programs.
- Select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, and grinders.
- Prove out 1st piece run on any given machine.
- Calculate the time required to complete the job.
- Facilitate work-order paper flow in accordance with company standards
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have at least five (5+) years' experience in programming and set-up of CNC Machines.
- Must have at least eight (8+) of experience working in a machining environment.
- Expert with MasterCAM
- Must be able to program utilizing models and working with multiple Axis and limited dimension drawings.
- Ability to do set-ups
- Solid troubleshooting ability related to work holding, tool selection, speeds, feeds, and etc
- Ability to do processing and work with engineering for router instructions
- Strong with GD&T
- Experience with AS9100 is a plus
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to work well as a team member and manage and build relationships across departments.
- Detail oriented, able to problem solve with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Safety conscious behavior