Metalcraft of Mayville
Metalcraft of Mayville is an Equal Opportunity Employer:Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Robotic Welder - 2nd & 3rd Shift (West Bend)
Job ID: 2021-1909
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 6
Metalcraft of Mayville, Inc
Reports to Shift Supervisor and operates one or more welding machine or industrial robots to fabricate metal parts or assemblies to specifications applying basic knowledge of welding theory on production basis by performing the job duties.
- Lifts work piece manually or using hoist and secures work piece in fixture or loads automatic feeding device.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machine factors, such as wire feed speed, amperage, polarity, type of gas, and type of weld rod.
- Starts machine, engages feed, and observes operation.
- Inspects and measures machined work pieces to verify conformance to specifications.
- Moves machine controls and guides to adjust machine.
- Unload welded frames from robotic welder and place on appropriate containers.
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Remove rough spots from work pieces, using portable grinders, hand files, or scrapers.
- Chip or grind off excess weld, slag, or spatter, using hand scrapers or power chippers, portable grinders, or arc-cutting equipment.
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Replaces worn machine accessories such as cutting tools or brushes.
- Files, sands, or shapes machined parts..
- Maintains accurate counts of parts; attaches labels or tags to finished part containers identifying customer, part number, quantity and shop order information.
- Performs basic MIG and TIG welding techniques as needed.
- Maintains company quality, efficiency, and productivity standards.
- Reads job specifications (e.g. blueprints, quality control plans and/or traveler notes) to determine type of welding and material requirements.
- Uses equipment and supplies to perform work in accordance with operational standards.
- Examines finished work pieces to verify conformance with specifications according to operator inspection sheet, quality control plans and/or customer notes using instruments such as gauges.
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the Robotic Welding Manager.
- Performs prescribed preventative maintenance on equipment and machines.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- May perform other related duties or work at different workstations as production needs require.
- other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED);
- FANUC Robotic Certification is desired
- Certificate or degree in welding is preferred;
- At least one year welding experience Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successful completion of an internal welding test
- Knowledge of welding equipment and tools, including their design, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Knowledge of basic math skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents like blueprints, welding symbols safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers, supervisors and vendors.
- Must be dependable
Metalcraft of Mayville is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity