Metalcraft of Mayville
Metalcraft of Mayville is an Equal Opportunity Employer:Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
3rd Shift Material Handler (West Bend)
Job ID: 2021-1911
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Metalcraft of Mayville, Inc
The material handler will report to the 3rd Shift Supervisor in the West Bend plant. This position is responsible for maintaining and verifying the records and documentation of outbound shipments from the lines and keeping stock for all stations within the department.
- Loads, unloads, and moves materials within or near plant, yard, or work site, performing any combination of following duties: Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
- Conveys materials to or from storage or work sites to designated area, using a forklift, hand truck, electric dolly, or other device.
- May occasionally operate industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Required to fill out an daily inspection before starting up the forklift
- Assists with routine or general housekeeping tasks as they relate to the plants 6s plan.
- Ensure compliance with corporate and plant safety standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to perform basic math skills
- Problem solving skills required and to be self sufficient
- Able to work within a team environment to accomplish an overall goal
- Demonstrated detail orientation, self-motivation skills and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2 years of forklift experience ideally in a metal fabrication shop
- Experience in a fast pace environment.
- Previous experience with moving large metal objects.
- Previous experience working in a Lean Manufacturing environment.
Metalcraft of Mayville is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity