See all jobs in STAUNTON VA
Job Location: STAUNTON, VA
Environmental Services Department Manager
Requisition ID: 2021-175350
Healthcare Services Group (HCSG) services thousands of accounts nationwide and is now hiring an Environmental Services Department Manager in your area! With a custom, state of the art training program, there are engaging opportunities regardless of where you are in your career. If you crave to learn and want to make a positive impact in your community, we'd love to have you on our team!
What We Offer!
- Free Telemedicine and Prescription discounts
- Comprehensive Health Coverage
- Paid Holidays and Vacation for eligible employees
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available
- Transfers available Nationwide. Great for active Military and Family!
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Manages and supervises the Environmental Services, laundry and floor care staff at a single site according to policies and procedures, and federal/state requirements.
- Utilizes protective gear in all appropriate functions
- Provides leadership, support, coordination and guidance to ensure that quality standards, inventory levels, safety guidelines and customer service expectations are met.
- The Manager is also responsible for coordinating and insuring the satisfactory and timely completion of project and program work done in the building on varying shifts.
- Maintains records of income and expenditures, supplies, personnel and equipment.
- Secure and assure that all equipment is maintained and in working order.
- Makes sure facility has sufficient janitorial supplies.
- Takes periodic inventories of supplies and materials, trains new employees, and recommends dismissals.
- Acts as liaison between building occupants or administrators and HCSG staff.
- The Manager must be able to communicate effectively all directives from managers, building occupants and administrators to HCSG staff.
- Is able to perform the job assignments of the light housekeeper, heavy housekeeper, laundry worker and personal clothing worker.
- Training, quality control and in-servicing staff is an essential part of the Manager's responsibility and includes touring building several times per day to assess work quality using QCIs for documentation purposes.
- The Manager is a department head in the facility and must conduct themselves and their department in a professional manner.
- The Manager consistently embodies the characteristics necessary to drive the Company's Purpose, Vision, Values, and DNA.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Two years' experience in Environmental Services in a healthcare environment and personnel supervision is desired.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Must be able to fully understand and complete all In-Services.
- Must be able to be at work on time.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to understand and place into action basic infection control procedures.
- The ability to handle and mix chemicals safely and properly.
- Ability to work all shifts as needed.
- Knowledge of Environmental Services, laundry and floor care program requirements.
- Knowledge of and ability to use all department equipment.
- Ability to maintain records and complete reports as required.
- Written and oral communication and teaching skills.
- Skill in using public relations techniques (diffusing situations) to promote the Environmental Services, laundry and floor care program to client and residents.
- Ability to interact positively with residents, client and other personnel and the public.
- Must be able to lift/carry a maximum of 50 pounds, push/pull a maximum of 50 pounds, stand, sit, bend and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work around food and cleaning products.
- Must live in service area. No relocation costs.
Healthcare Services Group, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Healthcare Services Group, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.