Balchem Corporation develops, manufactures and markets specialty ingredients that improve and enhance the health and well-being of life on the planet, providing state-of-the-art solutions and the finest quality products for a range of industries worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is located in New Hampton, New York, (Hudson Valley area) and we have a broad network of sales offices, manufacturing sites, and R&D centers, primarily located in the US and Europe. Founded in 1967, Balchem is a publicly traded company (NASDAQ BCPC) with annual revenues over $640 million and a market cap exceeding $3.0 billion. The company consists of three business segments: Human Nutrition & Health; Animal Nutrition & Health; and Specialty Products. Balchem employs over 1,400 people worldwide who are engaged in diverse activities, committed to developing the company into global market leadership positions. To learn more about our dynamic, stable and growing company, visit www.balchem.com
The Tig Welder-Maintenance Technician performs maintenance, preventative maintenance, repairs and/or overhauls equipment and related plumbing, electrical, and pneumatic and hydraulic components that make up the facility. Directly reports to the Maintenance Manager for proper direction, interpretation, and evaluation. Maintains and guarantees Balchem- Cereal quality and safety standards.
- Understand how to operate equipment as per operation guidelines to include safety procedures and guidelines. Understand manufacturing equipment, processes, and monitoring of equipment operation.
- Record and maintain accurate data on documents as necessary. Ensure all paperwork is complete in an accurate and timely manner. Ensure documentation complies with Company standards.
- Keep a neat, clean, and orderly work setting by completing the cleaning tasks as assigned. Complete the Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS) as necessary.
- Observe safety and security procedures, determine appropriate action beyond guidelines, and report potentially unsafe conditions.
- Consistently be on time to work, meetings, and training sessions.
- Attend all Company-sponsored training events, i.e., safety training talks and annual training sessions, targeted for continuing personal growth and development.
- Become proficient in areas of production and safety policies and procedures
- Must maintain a flexible attitude towards improvement and change.
- Perform others duties as assigned.
- to all Company policies and procedures, i.e. personnel, safety, and equipment maintenance and upkeep. Become proficient in areas of production and safety policies and procedures (accident/injury reporting, blood borne pathogens, confined spaces, emergency evacuation, equipment operation/maintenance, hazard communication, ladders, lockout/tag out, personal protective equipment, etc.).
- Associates Degree or College Degree (prefer electromechanical or mechatronics); two to three years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education or experience is required
- Individual must be equipped with strong motivation, organization, time management, documentation, and communication skills (both orally and written)
- Must have excellent attention to detail and have the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to utilize common sense and skills in completing responsibilities and operating equipment conforming to Company production, personnel, and safety procedures
- PLC knowledge and experience is a plus
- Steam boiler and plant air compressor system experience is helpful
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, operation manuals, preventative maintenance, and troubleshooting guides
- Demonstration of strong work ethics (punctual, dependable, and trustworthy)
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Must be able to pass any required examinations necessary to perform essential functions of the job
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Must be able to communicate and handle conflict in a professional manner
- Ability to give and welcome feedback and contribute to building a positive team spirit
- Must possess proven, electrical, electronic, pneumatic, and hydraulic system troubleshooting skills
- Individual will continually be required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, to talk and hear, and to utilize specific vision abilities including but not limited to close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Regularly required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl, using proper ergonomic principles, taste, smell, and lift up to 50 pounds
- Individual will operate equipment, including but not limited to computers, drafting equipment and instruments involving scientific meters and measuring devices
- The ability to distinguish colors is required
- Balchem Corporation requires anyone working in the plant or entering the plant to adhere to the personal protective equipment policies and procedures
- All personal protective equipment furnished must be worn by all employees when required or needed to perform proper and safe working conditions
- Individual may rarely be exposed to wet or humid conditions, working near moving mechanical parts, work in extreme heat (non-weather), work in high noise levels and vibration
- Individual may also be periodically working in high or precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions, and extreme cold (non-weather)