Balchem Corporation develops, manufactures and markets specialty ingredients that improve and enhance the health and well-being of life on the planet, providing state-of-the-art solutions and the finest quality products for a range of industries worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is located in New Hampton, New York, (Hudson Valley area) and we have a broad network of sales offices, manufacturing sites, and R&D centers, primarily located in the US and Europe. Founded in 1967, Balchem is a publicly traded company (NASDAQ BCPC) with annual revenues over $640 million and a market cap exceeding $3.0 billion. The company consists of four business segments: Human Nutrition & Health; Animal Nutrition & Health; Specialty Products; and Industrial Products. Balchem employs over 1,400 people worldwide who are engaged in diverse activities, committed to developing the company into global market leadership positions. To learn more about our dynamic, stable and growing company, visit www.balchem.com
The Wet Maker is responsible for the accurate and timely production of liquid mix batches and movement of Wet raw materials. A Mixer is expected to properly carry out all duties as defined below under Essential Functions as well as be able to perform all expected duties of Wet Maker. All work will be performed in a safe and sanitary manner while correctly following all SOP Guidelines and work instructions related to the Job. Duties includes (but not limited to): proper sampling, blending, processing and cleaning of the liquid mixes and equipment. A thorough knowledge and understanding of all materials, equipment, processes and controls is necessary for successful qualification. The Mixer needs to be able to work with warehouse, quality, maintenance, production employees and supervisors to achieve their job goals.
- Adhere and comply with all company safety policies including reporting any unsafe acts or near misses.
- Help promote and support company health and safety policy practices and procedures.
- Performs tasks safely and comply with GMP policies at all times.
- Assure adherence to all elements of SQF system and policies.
- Identify and use the proper PPE required for tasks at production area. Can read and understand Safety Data Sheets for materials/chemicals used in the plant.
- Assembles, disassemble, operates, and troubleshoots related mixing equipment including but not limited to impeller pumps, homogenizer, positive displacement pumps, HTST, tanks, and liquefiers.
- Ability to lift 60 pounds unassisted is required.
- Support Leads\Packagers with tasks required.
- Understands and maintains the HACCP program in detail; including metal detector, screen, magnet, and scale checks and proper recordkeeping.
- Follow proper mixing instructions provided in the batch ticket sheets supplied by management.
- Understands all quality testing and how to correct/troubleshoot Out Of Spec (OOS) mix results such as pH, brix, and viscosity.
- Correctly follow all production, cleaning procedures as described in the SOP.
- Know the location of all raw and packaging materials and finished production within the warehouse.
- Locate & maintain inventories by moving ingredients within the inventory system (DEACOM) and bringing them to the work area.
- Maintains records including but not limited to computer, sanitation, pre-op and batch tickets.
- Safely and properly operate a forklift and accessories such as the drum dumper.
- Correctly complete and submit work orders requiring a maintenance person.
- Perform minor maintenance on equipment.
- Effectively perform all other duties as assigned or directed by plant management.
- Comply with all policies and procedures of the Corporation.
- Solid Communication skills required between team members and other departments.
- Works collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Attend all company mandated training sessions these include Safety, Good Manufacturing Practices, etc.
- High School Diploma/GED preferred.
- Basic math, reading and record keeping skills required.
- Ability to maneuver minimum of 5-gallon pails and 55-gallon drums with proper material handling equipment.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds unassisted.
- Valid driver's license for forklift license.
- Ability to follow written and flow-charted instructions.
- Computer skills and knowledge of MS Office product
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Ability to cope well under deadlines and work flexibly as needed to meet the schedule
Balchem requires anyone working in the plant or entering the warehouse to adhere to the personal protective equipment policies and procedures. All personal protective equipment furnished must be worn by all employees when required or needed to perform proper and safe working conditions.
Individual may rarely be exposed to wet or humid conditions, working near moving mechanical parts, work in extreme heat (non-weather), work in high noise levels and vibration. Individual may also be periodically working in high or precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions, and extreme cold (non-weather).