See all jobs in Tacoma WA
Job Location: Tacoma, WA
Health Information Management Technician (HIM):
CareerStaff Unlimited is currently searching for a Health Information Technician to add to our team in Tacoma, WA. We are able to offer full-time hours for qualified and reliable candidates. In addition to the standard benefits, our employees are given the opportunity to work in a wide variety of settings! Contact me today to learn more about our current opportunities!
BENEFITS FOR A Health Information Management Technician (HIM):
- Up to $26 per hour!
- Weekly Pay with Direct Deposit
- Competitive Compensation
- Electronic Health Record (HER) Experience Required
- Must have experience in medical terminology (health records, transcribing, degree in healthcare, etc.)
- Microsoft Office and Adobe PDF editing experience
- Experience with fax technology
- Must work well in team settings
- Must be very responsible and timely
- Available Monday - Friday between the hours of 8a -4p
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepares patient documentation for scanning into electronic health record (EHR) system which may include sorting various types of paper documents, reviewing documents, and organizing loose papers.
- Proficiently read and interpret technical and complex documents to determine and accurately select, verify, and scan patient documents in EHR system, via scan and file or batch scan method as per organization guidelines.
- Audit and review quality of scanned images, ensure documents are completely captured, and index scanned images into the appropriate location within the EHR system, through visual and other modes of inspection of documents to ensure integrity, accuracy and data reliability.
- Identify and accurately re-file electronic documents in EHR that have been inappropriately misfiled.
- Accurately process, according to established policies/procedures, routine and complex release of information (ROI) requests from electronic and paper records, including reproduction in either digital or paper format.
- Frequently check EHR system and inbox for records requests and electronically or physically deliver charts to departments within two business days or as soon as possible.
- Accurately obtain and return hard copy charts from/to offsite storage as needed, according to established guidelines and procedures.
- Uphold and maintain confidentiality of all patient health information and adhere to PTHA confidentiality rules, policies, and procedures.
ABOUT CAREERSTAFF UNLIMITED:
CareerStaff Unlimited, LLC ("CareerStaff") is a leader in the delivery of workforce solutions and staffing services for the healthcare industry. Our mission is to connect our clients with talented healthcare professionals ensuring the delivery of exceptional patient care. We serve our mission by leveraging a national network 25+ offices throughout the United States. CareerStaff's services include travel and per diem employment opportunities for nurses, therapists and pharmacists.
Additionally, CareerStaff provides Managed Service Programs to hundreds of healthcare facilities nationally. By offering unparalleled customer service, unique placement opportunities, top pay and benefits and employment that meets the lifestyle requirements of our clinicians, CareerStaff attracts high quality clinicians who transition well to new environments and rapidly assimilate into facility teams.
CareerStaff Unlimited is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action (EEO/AA).