Henry Schein One combines leading practice management, marketing and patient engagement solutions into one connected management system to help you improve every aspect of your business. When your technology works as one, your team can work smarter and faster while improving each step of the patient experience.
To learn more, visit us at henryscheinone.com
This position is responsible for the strategy, roadmap and feature definition of one or more products. Function as a business manager for a product(s) and directly accountable for commercial success of the product(s) and leading efforts in the execution of product strategy. Work and lead cross-functional teams with customers, sales, marketing, development, support, finance, etc. to define product strategy, vision and roadmaps; gather requirements; execute on roadmap and drive product launches. Bridge organizational gaps between different functional groups, most often between development, marketing, sales, and support. Analyze the market and competitive environment to define a differentiated product vision that delivers unique value. Role spans many types of activities, from strategic to tactical, and entails being the expert on the market and product.
- Contribute to product strategy and vision by leveraging customer and market analysis
- Write product requirements and user stories for features and enhancements
- Review competitors and vendors in adjacent spaces for feature requirements and comparisons to ensure a competitive and relevant product
- Prioritize and manage the feature backlog for effective release and sprint planning
- Evaluate trade-off decisions across the customer experience, development and operational support in partnership with teams
Create useful, intuitive features that help our customers grow their business
- Review customer feedback, prioritize it, and transform it into clearly defined product requirements
- Guide user experience design planning and delivery with the assistance of the development team
- Be the customer advocate for solution designs
- Work closely with the development team to ensure releases meet -- and exceed -- customer expectations
- Coordinate with other product managers and engineers to deliver product functionality that set us apart from our competition
- Continuously monitor, measure and report on key business and customer metrics. Identify areas for continuous testing and optimization
- Work closely with Customer Support and Marketing to launch new capabilities
- Be the most knowledgeable person in the company on assigned product(s)
- Help the consulting and sales teams solve problems and discover innovative answers to hard questions
- Work closely with other teams to create materials including white papers, help documentation, blog posts, and customer presentations
- Collaborate across internal partners (Sales, Account Management, Support, Development, and Marketing) as well as external customers to understand challenges/requirements for innovative solutions that help customers get to agreement faster
- Visit customers and attend industry events
Seasoned, experienced senior level professional; in-depth knowledge and full understanding of multiple disciplines and good knowledge of other related disciplines. Assignments are broad in nature and require excellent judgment and analytical ability, evaluation, originality and ingenuity to solve. Complete understanding and wide application of principles, theories and concepts of a particular field. Resolve a wide range of complex issues and assignments in creative and effective ways. Serve as a resource to others to resolve complex problems and issues. May play a support role in high-level projects that have an impact on company's future direction. May take on project lead role on medium-sized projects. Barriers to entry may exist at this level.
Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Interpret internal and/or external business issues and recommend solutions/best practices to solve a range of complex problems and assignments; take a broad perspective to identify solutions. Exercise judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Guide others in resolving complex issues based on existing solutions and procedures. Network with key senior internal and external personnel inside and outside own area of expertise.
Typically 8 or more years of increasing responsibility and complexity in terms of any applicable professional experience.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline. Master's degree or global equivalent preferred. May hold two or more industry certifications.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent understanding of industry practices
- Strong proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures
- Excellent planning/organizational skills and techniques
- Excellent independent decision making, analysis and problem solving skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent conflict resolution skills and ability to deliver difficult messages
- Ability to build partnerships at all levels within the company
- Good negotiating skills
- Resolve complex issues in effective ways
- Project management, consultative skills and ability to manage a budget
- Specialist in multiple technical and/or business skills
- Ability to cultivate and develop lasting internal and external customer relations
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Experience in developing market requirements for hardware and software products and services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Internal and external (customer-facing) presentation and training skills
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus when needed, among diverse stake holders
- Problem solving ability and analytical business skills
- Leadership and participation in cross-functional teams
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in 16 of the 21 categories in the Pragmatic Marketing Framework that are aligned with product management
- Exhibits an ability to mentor and teach product managers in 9 of the 21 categories aligned with product management including Market Definition and Pricing as required categories
- Must demonstrate specific product management skills and competencies beyond general skills and competencies listed above including:
- Voice of the customer and customer focus
- Analytical and synthesizing ability
- Strategic thinking
- Persuasion skills
- Knowledge of the dental market including the business of dentistry is preferred
We offer a generous total rewards package that includes a competitive benefits plan, medical, dental, vision, 401k with company match, PTO and much more!
Henry Schein One, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.