Electrical Controls Designer I
This position will be responsible for the development of electrical drawings, automation controls programming and pre-shipment testing for various types of equipment and applications. To be successful in this position a person must be a good team player, willing to work in a fast-paced industry, and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously. An applicant must be willing to travel 10-30% to both domestic and international sites.
- Willing to contribute within a team environment
- AAS Degree in a technical field or equivalent
- Required: AutoCAD, Rockwell Automation (Studio 5000), MS Visual Studio, MS Office
- Preferred: AutoCAD Electrical, Beckhoff TwinCAT
- Effective communication skills (an audience of Project Engineers, Project Managers, and Customers)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Final check-out and Quality Assurance of manufactured equipment based off prepared designs
- Assist the development of our Standards, Work Instructions, and Procedures
- Automation Controls programing with Rockwell Automation Studio 5000
- Preferred is Beckhoff TwinCat, Siemens SIMATIC and other automation develop platforms
- Experience with multiple IEC 61131-3 standards i.e., Ladder, Structured Text, and FBD is a plus
- Develop User Manuals and other customer facing documentation
- Perform I/O check out, Start-up, and Commissioning on-site
- Design electrical controls drawings/documentation including Panel Layouts, Line Diagrams, Pull Wire Diagrams, Network Layouts, and Bill of Materials
- Experience with electrical controls, including; motor control circuits, safety circuits, power supplies, Programmable Logic Controllers, Human Machine Interfaces, and other industrial automation equipment
- Ability to read and understand Technical Specifications, detailed drawings, and customer specifications
- Other duties and responsibilities where needed
What do we do?
Cyclonaire is a World Class Manufacturer providing Pneumatic Conveying Solutions to our customers across the globe. Every day in every corner of the world, Cyclonaire is integrating dependable solutions to move TONS. Our unique approach to solving problems is fostered by our ability to build relationships with our customers, suppliers and employees.
We take pride in knowing that the Cyclonaire team has had a hand in moving many of the materials we encounter in our everyday lives. From the rubber on our car tires to the concrete on our sidewalks, the sugar on our cereal to the diamonds on our fingers, the shingles on our rooftops to the batteries in our cars, Cyclonaire has tackled these challenges with our own version of creativity, grit and determination.
Who are we?
At Cyclonaire, our employees understand that It Takes a Team to provide high quality solutions for our customers. We are humble, loyal, and positive in all that we do. We display an Attitude of Ownership, understanding that our customers are depending on us. We are committed to the task and do what it takes to get the job done, taking pride in the finished product. We understand that We Cant Be Awesome without Doing Something Hard. We are hungry and driven to excellence; we work hard, and we have fun doing it. And finally, we Do the Right Thing. We walk the talk and lead by example, even when it hurts. It is these core values that lead to our continued success and keep our employees energized and eager to get the job done every day.
Cyclonaire is currently looking for an Electrical Controls Designer I on our Automation team. This team member will be responsible for the development of electrical drawings, automation controls programming and pre-shipment testing for various types of equipment and applications.
Are you qualified?
The Electrical Controls Designer I must be a good team player, willing to work in a fast-paced industry, and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously. An applicant must be willing to travel 10-30% to both domestic and international sites. You will never be bored at Cyclonaire!
Ideal candidates will have an associate or bachelor's degree and/or 2-3 years of relevant experience. We are willing to train the right individual who displays our core values and is hungry to succeed! If this sounds like a fit for you, apply today.