See all jobs in Des Moines IA
Job Location: Des Moines, IA
Req No. 2021-7303
We are seeking a talented Technology Delivery Manager to focus on maintaining client satisfaction with CO-OP's technology and services through managing project delivery, run support deliverables and fixes, Key Performance Indicator (KPI) tracking and helping lead the team responsible for getting projects and tech support delivered to our internal clients and Credit Unions. This role is responsible for coordinating program alignment between Product, Architecture, Team Leads, Scrum Masters and IT BAs and manage the Epic and Feature backlog to be completed across scrum teams.
This role requires someone who can keep a positive maintain an engaging relationship with business/product, adhere to delivery expectations, lead team(s), stay organized, manage conflict and use creativity to find ways to continuously improve delivery effectiveness in a fast-paced environment. The person in this position partners closely with other technology leaders within ET&S and the stakeholders of the Product and business team. It is essential to ensuring on-time and on-budget delivery of new and enhanced business capabilities that meet or exceed high quality expectations with a "people helping people" cultural approach in line with the CO-OP Values.
- This position is on-site. That means that the person in this position is expected to work in our physical office location. As stated above, we are doing everything we can to protect our employees that are working on-site and greatly appreciate their commitment.
What You Can Look Forward to
- As a Delivery Manager you will manage one or more agile projects, typically to deliver a specific product or application or enhancements via a multi-disciplinary agile team. - 50%
- Lead the design, development and implementation of all Project technology build & support deliverables involving quality plans, estimates, resource assignment and status reports within time, budget and specification constraints.
- Be mindful of standards & best practices within the Development, Business Analyst and Quality Assurance Analyst practice(s) and ensure that they are being leveraged within the Project Technology team.
- Oversee dependencies for complex projects spanning multiple business units.
- Communicate consistently and effectively with internal business partners and project managers to understand appropriate project needs and requirements.
- Identify risk areas and provide alternate strategies to address concerns.
- In partnership with architecture and leadership, shepherd execution on technical vision, standards, & best practices to ensure strategy and execution alignment
- Manages epics and features' backlog and assigns out features to individual Agile Teams, as applicable
- Coordinates across Team Leads to ensure stories are created with the right technical functionality
- Create executive status reporting and escalate impediments, manage risk, help assure value delivery, and help drive continuous improvement
- Act as an advocate of technical direction & designated best practices at a project execution level
- Actively supports CO-OP's strategic future, culture and leadership practices. - 5%
- Identifies development Opportunities and works with manager to establish learning focus and learning plan.
- Manages learning plan and reports on progress at quarterly coaching sessions with manager.
- Embraces our culture of growth, change and continuous learning.
- Proactively pursues development opportunities and show expected progress on learning plan. - 5%
- Maintain professional contacts through professional organizations to remain current in the field.
- Research industry best practices
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related major, or comparable work experience.
- Expert technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design and implementation.
- Good to excellent understanding of entire development process, including specification, documentation and quality assurance.
- 7+ years' plus management experience.
- 7+ years' experience as a leader, trainer and coach.
- 3+ years' technology delivery experience.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Polished presentation skills
- Experience in both Agile and Waterfall software development.
- Understanding of core business processes is a plus.
- Experience with Azure DevOps and/or Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services is a plus.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to effectively interface with staff at all levels and in all areas of the organization.
- Expert skills in leadership and customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to express and document complex technical concepts in business terms.
- Person must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with technical staff, non-technical staff, and end-users.
- Ability to listen, understand, and respond to external and internal customers' needs in a timely manner.
- Excellent team-oriented interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a cross-functional project team environment.
- Ability to evolve into a subject-matter expert who can easily liaise between Technology & other departments.
- Ability to become knowledgeable about core business functions, processes and workflows associated with assigned business areas & projects.
- Strong communication & relationship building skills to be able to act as an effective liaison between business & Technology.
- Strong critical/analytical thinking & problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple concurrent priorities under time constraints.
- Ability to foster a collaborative & continuous improvement-minded environment.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.