See all jobs in Des Moines IA
Job Location: Des Moines, IA
Req No. 2021-7391
We are seeking a talented Scrum Master III to act as a servant leader to standing development teams to deliver high quality working software. They work in partnership with project teams to deliver project objectives. To improve quality and increase software delivery throughput, they collaborate with various stakeholders and user communities to learn and implement best practices. They also perform peer-to-peer coaching, training and mentoring to improve process competencies across multiple standing teams. Person will have expert knowledge of one or multiple areas of industry standard technology, as well as knowledge and experience in financial services, debit and credit card processing, and finance technology.
- This position is on-site. That means that the person in this position is expected to work in our physical office location. As stated above, we are doing everything we can to protect our employees that are working on-site and greatly appreciate their commitment.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Act as Scrum Master for agile delivery team(s), with a focus on guiding the team(s) toward improving the way they work.
- Proactively coordinate the efforts of one or multiple agile teams.
- Partner with the Product Owner and agile team to understand, identify, and document the business opportunity through non-ambiguous, testable stories.
- Collaborate with Product Owner, Business Analyst, and Architecture to understand requests, capabilities, and delivery schedules.
- Identify and resolve impediments that are inhibiting the agile team from meeting commitments.
- Provide leadership by example and guide the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers.
- Assess the scrum maturity of the team and organization and coach the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Build strong internal and external partnerships.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related major, or comparable work experience.
- 5-8 years' experience as a ScrumMaster or similar role.
- 5-8 years' experience playing the ScrumMaster role for a software development team.
- ScrumMaster (CSM), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) or Certified Product Owner (CSPO) Certification.
- 5-8 years' experience with agile practices, patterns and techniques.
- 5-8 years' experience in Agile techniques such as User Stories, ATDD, TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games etc.
- 5-8 years' experience serving as key liaison to other departments that have specific business functions.
- 5-8 years' experience understanding the relationships, dependencies and impact of neighboring business functions.
- 5-8 years' experience documenting, analyze and assess current business processes and underlying systems / applications.
- 5-8 years' experience collaborating with other departments and IT to develop business cases associated with new project requests.
- 5+ years' effective planning, scheduling, coordinating medium to large projects, meeting deadlines and managing multiple projects concurrently.
- 5+ years' SQL skills and experience with Sequel Database Query Analyzer.
- 3+ years' experience training and mentoring others in ScrumMaster tasks and responsibilities.
- Exemplifies and promotes Agile values and principles.
- Knowledge of an agile framework or method (i.e. Scrum, Kanban), or understanding of software development life cycle models as well as in-depth knowledge of traditional project management principles and practices.
- Adept at refinement, story splitting, estimation, velocity, retrospection, and other Scrum techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of coaching development teams in organizational environments in which Scrum is not yet fully adopted and understood.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.