See all jobs in Des Moines IA
Job Location: Des Moines, IA
Req No. 2021-7400
We are seeking a talented Configuration Business Analyst II to identify the tasks and techniques used to work as a liaison among stakeholders in order to understand business process, structure, policies, and operations of the organization with the goal of helping deliver new and enhanced processes, products, and services. Resource will be responsible for the development of low to moderate complexity business, technical, scope and requirements documentation for CO-OP applications, systems, databases, and reporting. Assist in formulating recommendations that enable the organization or business unit achieve its goals. Person will have expert knowledge of one, or multiple areas, of CO-OP Configuration Management, its products and or service
What You Can Look Forward to
- Uses methods of elicitation to identify and understand our stakeholders needs, concerns and understand the environment in which they work with a focus on moderate to complex projects.
- Responsible for prioritizing and refining requirements in a way that meets the needs of the organization and its clients in a timely manner.
- Provide leadership in the evaluation of proposed solutions, define configuration parameters to be used by configuration resources in building the system, and further assess the deployed solution to ensure delivered results meet the needs or the business and or client.
- Provide requirements to Configuration Analyst resources used for completing paperwork/forms prior to submission to vendors for system build/setup.
- Provide evaluation of proposed solutions, define configuration parameters used by Configuration Analyst resources in building the system, and further assess the deployed solution to ensure delivered results meet the needs or the business and/or client.
- Documents and designs solutions in such a way that exceeds regulatory requirements. Security is a critical design requirement and data, systems, and applications must be protected at all points of the development lifecycle.
- Responsible for helping define estimate, scope and requirements templates for use by other Business Analysts and helping ensure those templates are used across all projects.
- Communicate effectively, consistently and iteratively with internal business partners and clients to ensure the understanding of appropriate business processes, requirements, and project timelines.
- Ensure the development of all project scope and requirement documents are completed and signed off on by internal business partners and clients. Use an iterative approach involving business and clients to ensure needs and requirements are well defined.
- Ensure involvement of project team members in the development of project estimates and that those estimates are delivered to our business partners and clients in a timely manner.
- Develop working relationships with internal business partners and project team members.
- Develop knowledge of internal and external partner business and processes.
- Build trust with our partners in our knowledge and delivery of technology.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- B achelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related major.
- 3+ years' experience in Financial Industry.
- 3+ years' experience performing current state analysis of existing business systems, applications and functions.
- 3+ years' experience answering questions and clarify requirements for projects and enhancements during the project and product development process.
- 3+ years' experience coordinating tactical-related business requests for configuration enhancements.
- 3+ years' experience understanding the relationships, dependencies and impact of neighboring business functions.
- 3+ years' experience documenting, analyze and assess current business processes and underlying systems / applications.
- 3+ years' experience collaborating with other departments and Configuration Management to develop business cases associated with new project requests.
- 3+ years' effective planning, scheduling, coordinating moderate to high complexity projects, meeting deadlines and managing multiple projects concurrently.
- 3+ years' experience serving as key liaison to other departments that have specific business functions.
- 3+ years' experience collaborating with departments to identify, document and communicate business needs and provide configuration solutions.
- 3+ years' experience planning, elicit, capture, analyze and validate business, functional and technical requirements.
- 3+ years' experience facilitating requirements elicitation sessions and walkthroughs with business and configuration resources.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.