See all jobs in Des Moines IA
Job Location: Des Moines, IA
Req No. 2021-7419
Category Business/Client Support
We are seeking a talented Pre-Employment Specialist to assist the recruiters and candidates throughout the pre-hire process. This position has direct communication with both internal and external stakeholders. The person in this role will utilize their knowledge of employment law to support hiring decisions. The Pre-Employment Specialist will verify that candidate background checks meet company requirements and will assist with internal audits for compliance.
- This position is temporarily-remote. That means that this position is currently remote due to COVID. However, once we transition back into the office, the manager would prefer for this person to work in the physical office.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Assists candidates with any questions regarding the onboarding process.
- Conducts follow up calls to candidates who haven't completed necessary pre-employment work.
- Communicates with background check vendor to ensure compliance.
- Serves as the subject matter expert of the company's background check requirements.
- Remains up-to-date with current employment law methods.
- Documents processes and procedures to ensure consistency within department.
- Works in a cooperative manner with all CO-OP employees, supervisors, and HR Team.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- 1-3 years of professional recruiting and human resources experience in a fast paced environment.
- Prior experience working with an HRIS system.
- Knowledge of employment law.
- Prior experience working with background check vendors.
- Commitment to excellence in customer service and team player attitude required.
- Strong verbal and written communication and negotiation skills along with the capability to interact with all levels of employees and management is required.
- Ability to plan and carry out responsibilities with limited direction.
- Must demonstrate effective conceptual, analytical, planning and organizational skills.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.