See all jobs in Des Moines IA
Job Location: Des Moines, IA
Req No. 2021-7220
We are seeking a talented Incident Analyst lead, document and resolve all incidents across the CO-OP enterprise. Incidents may include, but are not limited to, system outages, degradation of service, security, privacy and business continuity issues. An incident analyst is responsible for both working independently and leading group efforts necessary to resolve issues.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Leads incident management calls for resolution of alerts and escalations by working with appropriate technical teams including Platform Engineers, Database Administrators, Network Operations, System Analysts, and others as required.
- Reviews and reacts to monitoring alerts using various tools such as ServiceNow, Pingdom, SolarWinds, AppDynamics, and Azure Monitor.
- Coordinates with processing partner vendors to resolve incidents and understanding impact to CO-OP and our clients.
- Search and update knowledge base articles, incident tickets, change tickets and general web searches to help in identifying root causes and resolving incidents.
- Records all actions taken during the incident resolution process performed by all people involved in the effort.
- Creates internal notification emails (CO-OP Alerts) on any incident which has client or employee impact using general terms understandable by recipients.
- Creates knowledge base articles based on incidents to improve CO-OP's ability to resolve issues in a timely fashion.
- Provides feedback and input on the efficiency and effectiveness of the Incident Management process and makes recommendations for on-going improvements.
- Participate in on-call rotation to support the incident management process on a 24x7 basis.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of experience in IT Operations and/or IT Project Management including coordinating an Change, Problem, Incident, Knowledge and Reporting Management (ITIL/ITSM).
- Ability to work independently while also leading group discussions.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Must possess excellent communication and troubleshooting skills both written and spoken.
- Extensive knowledge of technical infrastructure including data storage, networking, databases, servers, and cloud computing.
- Awareness of financial processing, including PCI concepts and compliance.
- Thorough understanding of Incident, Problem, Event, and Alarm procedures with proven experience supporting this process within a large-scale organization.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.