See all jobs in Des Moines IA
Job Location: Des Moines, IA
Req No. 2021-7285
We are seeking a talented Senior ServiceNow Platform Manager to manage our enterprise ITSM tool, ServiceNow. This will be a hands on role responsible for the day to day oversight and engagement of work being delivered from our managed services partner and be responsible for end to end demand management of enhancements to the tool. The successful candidate will need to be able to interface and evangelize the capabilities and functionality of ServiceNow along with design and at times, implement solutions to complex business problems leveraging ServiceNow to further integrate our toolsets and drive automation and ease of use.
- This position is flexibly-remote. That means that this position is currently remote due to COVID. Once we make the transition back into the office, there may be flexibility for a hybrid schedule of both remote and in-office work.
What You Can Look Forward to
- End to End demand management of enhancements and capabilities of ServiceNow.
- Create and maintain detailed views of new and existing architecture.
- Create and maintain detailed diagrams of integrations with the system.
- Define and maintain TOGAF compliant service definitions, standards and procedures.
- Own ServiceNow governance documentation, and facilitate governance meetings.
- Work closely with key IT leaders and CO-OP Architects to define and maintain ServiceNow product strategy and act as a technical consultant for decision making.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure clear requirements for enhancements to the product.
- Work with members of the platform engineering, networking, security, and service desk teams to design, configure and deploy required ServiceNow components, integrations, and features.
- Working with Corporate Marketing, draft and deliver periodic communications to evangelize ServiceNow and keep the company informed of enhancements and new feature releases.
- Ensure security is and remains critical in the design requirements and in the implementation of infrastructure.
- Communicate consistently and effectively with internal business partners to assist in the requirements definition process, and to gain a clear understanding of the appropriate business requirements.
- Play a key role in working with the project team members to develop requirements, scope documents and project estimates.
- Adhere to Agile principles and philosophies (Scrum or Kanban, as applicable) in fulfillment of the role.
- Collaborate within the direct team in accordance with Team Agreement, Definition of Ready, and Definition of Done.
- Work as a cross-functional team member in an Agile setting to help complete and deliver the team commitments.
- Collaborate across teams and across business areas in the spirit of an Agile mindset.
- Fulfill the role in the spirit of the Agile Manifesto, with emphasis on delivery of incremental value with frequent iterations and feedback loops.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- BS in Computer Science / Computer Information Systems or equivalent degree, technical training, or equivalent experience can be substituted for degree.
- 5+ years' experience with ServiceNow performing integrations, configuration, and customizations.
- 2+ years' experience creating and maintaining technical documentation and solution diagrams.
- Expert technical knowledge of ServiceNow services.
- Ability to configure, customize and deploy enhancements to Service Requests, Incidents, and Changes within ServiceNow.
- Deep understanding and ability to configure and customize components of CMDB including discovery, Application Mapping, Knowledgebase and Workflow.
- Proven ability to draft employee facing communications of enhancements and new feature releases.
- Proven ability to lead a technical team to deliver business solutions from requirements through product launch.
- Familiarity with compliance standards such as PCI-DSS is highly preferred.
- Well-versed in ITIL standards.
- Highly proficient in creating and updating documentation as part of infrastructure implementations.
- Proven ability to write and/or implement scripts for automation.
- Advanced analytical, design and problem-solving skills to troubleshoot system defects and mitigate the risks issues they cause.
- Expert skills in research and analysis, project planning and implementation. Understanding and awareness of the business impact of critical incidents.
- Expert understanding of concepts of project planning and project management techniques to assist in small projects and/or group initiatives.
- Prior experience with cloud technologies is required. Azure would be preferred.
- Experience with scripting within a Windows and Linux environment is preferred.
- Prior experience within the financial or credit card industry preferred.
- Industry related certifications are preferred.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.