See all jobs in Des Moines IA
Job Location: Des Moines, IA
Req No. 2021-7289
We are seeking a talented Data Analyst IV to lead strategic projects and other data quality remediation planning, act as a team lead by mentoring all other levels of data analysts and play the role of advisor to our business in matters of data, reporting and business intelligence. This position will advise on technology industry standards, tools, and practices as well as design and implement best practices for the data analyst team. The successful candidate will closely partner with business and operation teams. This individual will need to be detailed focus with the ability to detect patterns from very large volumes of data with a focus on enterprise solutions.
- This position is temporarily-remote. That means that this position is currently remote due to COVID. However, once we transition back into the office, the manager would prefer for this person to work in the physical office.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Lead strategic and enterprise level data driven projects.
- Follow and advise on industry standards and advances on data driven technologies and tools.
- Design and implement best practice for the data analyst team.
- Technical lead and mentor to other less tenured data analysts.
- Analyze data to determine relationships between very large datasets.
- Create enterprise level end-to-end data flow diagrams and logical data models.
- Develop very complex SQL, T-SQL scripts for various reporting and ad-hoc analysis.
- Document business requirements, source to target data mapping, collaboration with technology teams, design, development, testing, and deployments.
- Document System of Record on very complex data models and map to business process.
- Data mapping specification designs, data feed specifications, data analysis and data comparison.
- Develop and document data remediation requirements and plans.
- Adheres to development processes and standards including code management.
- Adhere to Agile principles and philosophies (Scrum or Kanban, as applicable) in fulfillment of the role.
- Collaborate within the direct team in accordance with Team Agreement, Definition of Ready, and Definition of Done.
- Work as a cross-functional team member in an Agile setting to help complete and deliver the team commitments.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- BS in Analytics, Data Science, Data Management, CIS or similar, or equivalent job experience.
- 8+ years' experience as a data analyst or equivalent position where working with data is a primary responsibility.
- 8+ years' experience with data technologies, process, data mapping tools with highly complex and integrated business models.
- Ability to analyze data to determine relationships between very large and enterprise level datasets.
- Data Warehousing methodologies and best practices.
- Financial industry knowledge.
- Agile methodologies.
- Expertise knowledge of SQL, T-SQL, and SSRS.
- Tableau Desktop Pro & MS Excel.
- MS Office including Visio 2013.
- Ability to lead large data driven enterprise projects.
- Ability to coach, mentor and lead others in the technology area.
- Ability to identify and set best practices for the data analyst role.
- BS in Analytics, Data Science, Data Management, CIS or similar, or equivalent job experience preferred.
- 10+ years' experience as a business analyst or data analyst technology is a plus.
- 10+ years' experience with data technologies, process, data mapping tools with highly complex and integrated business models preferred.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.