See all jobs in Des Moines IA
Job Location: Des Moines, IA
Req No. 2021-7301
We are seeking a talented IT Quality Assurance Analyst Intern to carry out basic quality assurance processes; assist in developing test plans and test cases from functional specifications and business requirements, executing test cases, tracking software defects and verifying the software fixes. This includes unit, integration, system, regression and UAT. This role partners closely with other QA members, business analysts, software development and the stakeholders of the business. It is essential to ensuring on-time and on-budget delivery of new and enhanced business capabilities that meet or exceed expectations.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Work closely with analysts, developers and engineers to assist writing test plans, estimates and schedules to support project and product releases.
- Assist in developing Test Plans and test cases from Functional specifications and business requirements.
- Executing Test Cases that follow best practice standards (manual) producing documented results that determine the release readiness of products or features.
- Assist in troubleshooting of quality issues.
- Actively Supports culture and leadership practices.
- Proactively pursues development opportunities and show expected progress on learning plan.
- Utilize templates, tools, metrics and best practices to verify that products meet business and user requirements.
- Communicate consistently and effectively with internal business partners to understand appropriate business requirements.
- Partners with business and IT to support testing for releases.
- Ensure there is an understanding of work effort, timelines and expectations.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- 12 completed semester hours at college or university, preferably in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent.
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA.
- Previous internship and/or work experience preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team demonstrated through involvement with student organizations, community involvement, work experience, or other activities.
- Possess high motivation and self-direction, sound problem solving skills, decision making and multi- tasking skills.
- Ability to think analytically to solve problems individually and in a team environment.
- Ability to listen, understand, and respond to external and internal customers' needs in a timely manner.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.