See all jobs in Des Moines IA
Job Location: Des Moines, IA
Req No. 2021-7331
We are seeking a talented Service Desk Intern to help support the Service Desk team with responding to and diagnosing problems through discussions with users. The intern will be involved in problem recognition, research, isolation, and resolution steps. The person in this role will be assigned less complex problems to work on and will be invovled in the documentation process as well as manage administrative work.
- This position is flexibly-remote. That means that this position is currently remote due to COVID. Once we make the transition back into the office, there may be flexibility for a hybrid schedule of both remote and in-office work.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Identifies, analyzes, and monitors inquiries or requests to ensure complete resolution.
- Maintains accountability for the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
- Research issues escalated from tier I within established timeframes.
- Set up new clients and users on basic systems.
- Gain hands-on experience with ServiceNow and Knowledge Base.
- Ensure actions are in compliance with industry rules and regulations and security guidelines.
- Communicates information to clients regarding escalated issues.
- Review outstanding inquiries or requests to ensure quality standards are met.
- Respond to incoming calls and process support tickets and emails according to IT Service Desk guidelines and standards.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- 12 completed semester hours at college or university.
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA.
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of MS Office Products.
- Knowledge of Microsoft server and Active Directory technologies.
- Excellent customer service skills essential.
- Must be able to work and plan independently.
- Knowledge of Internet browsers, especially Internet Explorer.
- Previous internship and/or work experience preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team demonstrated through involvement with student organizations, community involvement, work experience, or other activities.
- Strong time management skills.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Paid internship.
- Opportunitites and events to both learn and socialize with other interns.
- Reoccuring touchpoints with internship coordinators to make sure you are getting the most out of your internship.