See all jobs in Des Moines IA
Job Location: Des Moines, IA
Req No. 2021-7334
Category Technical Support
We are seeking a talented Service Desk Specialist I to respond to and diagnose problems through discussions with users. Includes problem recognition, research, isolation, and resolution steps. Able to resolve less complex problems immediately, while more complex problems are assigned to senior level support.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Identifies, analyzes, and monitors inquiries or requests to ensure complete resolution.
- Maintains accountability for the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
- Build strong internal and external partnerships.
- Actively supports COOP's strategic future, culture and leadership practices.
- Proactively pursues department/company training and shows expected progress on learning plan. Keeps informed on new products, product enhancements, system changes, and compliance issues.
- Research issues escalated from tier I within established timeframes.
- Set up new clients and users on basic systems.
- Ensure actions are in compliance with industry rules and regulations and security guidelines.
- Communicates information to clients regarding escalated issues.
- Review outstanding inquiries or requests to ensure quality standards are met.
- Respond to incoming calls and process support tickets and emails according to IT Service Desk guidelines and standards.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Minimum of 1 year Service Desk experience or relevant education
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of MS Office Products, ITIL Framework, OSI Model and technical troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of ServiceNow, or another ITSM tool.
- Knowledge of Active Directory technologies, Virtual Private Networks, Virtual Desktops, Network and OS Server infrastructures.
- Knowledge of Cisco Call center and collaboration technologies, VMWare, Microsoft 0365.
- Excellent customer service skills essential.
- Significant level of client and internal interaction required.
- Must be able to work and plan independently.
- Knowledge of Internet browsers.
- Knowledge of Identity and Access Management.
- Working knowledge of ITIL framework including Incident, Problem, and Change Management.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills crucial.
- 2 year degree in a technology related field or previous working experience preferred.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.