See all jobs in Des Moines IA
Job Location: Des Moines, IA
Req No. 2021-7343
We are seeking a talented Operational Excellence Intern to work on continuous improvement initiatives across CO-OP. The intern will be responsible for implementing process improvement techniques on existing operational processes and supporting analysis of operational performance metrics and reporting. This has the flexibility to be a remote opportunity.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Documenting and scrutinizing current state process value stream maps.
- Drive process transformation through identifying, prioritizing, and implementing process improvements.
- Support metric and reporting maturation and automation.
- Lead and coach "management by fact" (MBFs) process end-to-end.
- Designing data representation methods.
- Perform statistical analysis and analyze to identify key drivers and develop business insights.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- 2-3 years undergraduate degree completed at university or equivalent experience.
- Critical thinking, especially with numbers.
- Ability to research and understand information quickly.
- Data gathering, analysis, and synthesis and representation.
- Process and client focused.
- Ability to communicate and work with cross functional teams at all levels.
- Self-starter that works without a high-level of direction.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team demonstrated through involvement with student organizations, community involvement, work experience, or other activities.
Why Join CO-OP?
You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver. We are committed to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their value; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- The opportunity to join a nationwide, fast-growing organization.
- Gain real world experience working on projects alongside full-time employees as well as other interns.
- Learn about the financial technology industry and how your work will impact credit union members across the country.
- Connect with other interns through learning opportunities and other fun events.
- Explore your interests and potential career path with job shadow options.
- Gain skills and experience that will make you a highly marketable candidate in the future.
- Regular touchpoints with internship coordinators to discuss progress, goals, and future career.