See all jobs in Des Moines IA
Job Location: Des Moines, IA
Req No. 2021-7354
We are seeking a talented Director, Product Innovation to execute and manage new product build innovations which add strategic value to CO-OP and Credit Union business. This is a role with broad scope and fit for an individual comfortable with both building strategy and driving execution. Responsibilities include product research, product assessments, business case creation, business requirements, operating model, product positioning/commercialization, competitive analysis, product integration, market launch, and ongoing product & innovation lifecycle management.
- This position is flexibly-remote. That means that this position is currently remote due to COVID. Once we make the transition back into the office, there may be flexibility for a hybrid schedule of both remote and in-office work.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Provides overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the assigned product.
- Manages supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, and terminating employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Skilled at understanding on how all products and applications integrate in order to deliver an Integrated Solution.
- Market research and analysis skills, including sizing and market need.
- Skilled at evaluation of business and product opportunities and strategic product planning.
- Understand the Credit Union competitive ecosystem and their future needs.
- Define the model for measuring success for each prospective segment and opportunity.
- Develops business plan, including business requirements, such as product design and strategic fit, go-to-market strategy.
- Work with internal technical teams to analyze interconnectedness of products/partners/technologies to create best of breed products/services.
- End to end business development execution.
- Creating a strategy and plan to build out a pipeline for long term innovations across the product landscape and Credit Union ecosystem.
- Build strong relationships and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders across product, technology, engineering, marketing, legal and sales teams.
- Own and manage the product innovation lifecycle.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis as necessary to assess opportunities, make decisions, and influence stakeholders.
- Prospecting and evaluating various leads to determine how they might fit company goals.
- Provide regular communications to senior management on product innovations, strategy and results.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree and minimum ten years of business development and product experience, at least three years in a product management role, or equivalent training and/or experience.
- Professional background in strategic and tactical product management.
- Proven track record and experience in presentation skills to both a large and small group.
- Proven track record of innovation and bringing successful products from idea to market on time.
- Proven staff management skills in leading resources to a higher and strategic thought process.
- Knowledge of strategic and product development methodologies.
- Knowledge of strategic planning process.
- Knowledge of product life cycle management tenets.
- Knowledge of financial forecasting, creation of budgets and financial justification for product business decisions.
- Advanced understanding and knowledge of financial services industry, preferably credit unions and payments industry.
- Knowledge of different product pricing strategies.
- Knowledge of technical product management.
- Knowledge of research methodologies with a future facing vision.
- Demonstrated track record working with product and marketing teams to develop partnerships that deliver growth, benefits for clients and brand positioning of COOP.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Accomplished presentation skills and comfort level in front of C-level executives.
- Experience negotiating and closing deals.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about complex issues and make thoughtful recommendations and action plans.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and be highly productive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to drive a go-to-market and business/value model.
- Strong attention to detail, self-motivation, and a sense of urgency around delivering on goals.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.