See all jobs in Des Moines IA
Job Location: Des Moines, IA
Req No. 2021-7218
We are seeking a talented Billing Supervisor, to be in partnership with the Manager of Enterprise Revenue Operations, and would be responsible for the day to day billing operations enterprise-wide. Helps foster a team setting, implements organizational and operational changes, identifies process improvements, and recommends efficiencies to management. Furthermore, enhances the Manager's effectiveness by providing support to the Billing Team (i.e. delegation of daily functions, overview of processes, database management, distribute workload, recommending process improvements and resolution of escalated issues). Lastly, the Billing Supervisor is responsible for maintaining the A/R general ledger, A/R aging schedule, cash receipts, ACH returns, contracts, 13-month trending report, and statistical records by performing the following duties.
- This position is temporarily-remote. That means that this position is currently remote due to COVID. However, once we transition back into the office, the manager would prefer for this person to work in the physical office.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Leads, mentors, coaches, and supervises team members.
- Oversees the daily operations of the team and escalates issues to management in a timely manner.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and coaching staff.
- Responsible for employee annual reviews and feedback on performance goals.
- Responsible for training employees, planning monthly deliverables, and assigning tasks.
- Fosters a healthy work environment by providing positive feedback and addressing performance issues in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the monthly billing process which may require overnight monitoring.
- Ensures clients are billed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Reviews customer and product set-up within the billing systems to ensure accuracy and alignment with executed contracts/amendments.
- Responsible for the daily deliverables completed by the billing team.
- Ensures team members are trained on new/existing functions.
- Validates accuracy of client identifiers within the SQL database that is used to generate the billing load.
- Reviews the data set from over 100+ billing documents within the SQL database for trending purposes.
- Reviews and approves Reseller files for quarterly incentive payouts.
- Assists management in organizing team's workload to ensure time is used effectively.
- Processes Charge Gen and Bill Gen, as well as billing integrations into Great Plains.
- Ensures invoices are delivered to clients by expected delivery date.
- Reviews, balances and approves the monthly ACH files.
- Performs monthly account analysis and reconciliations for various clients and vendors.
- Manages team schedules to ensure resources are allocated accordingly and deliverables are met.
- Responsible for product launch deliverables, include: new sku setup, pricing requirements, source file validation, etc.
- Prepares and reviews trending files in order to identify any anomalies through the various billing stages prior to invoice generation.
- Primary liaison between the Billing team and other departments.
- Responsible for special projects as designated by management.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Completion of high school, or equivalent.
- Three to five years of billing experience with progressive responsibilities, including a minimum of 1-year in a leadership role.
- SQL and Database management desirable.
- Strong understanding of contract and incentive terms and provisions outlined in various client documentation (e.g. MSA, pricing agreements, price quotes, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel (i.e. Pivot tables, Vlook-ups, etc.) and Microsoft Access.
- Working knowledge of Softrax and/or Great Plains is desirable.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Outlook, Excel).
- Knowledge of SQL and Access databases are desirable.
- Monarch Experience desired.
- Critical Thinker.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must have strong customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Advance verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast pace environment.
- Must be a self-motivated.
- Works well under stringent deadlines.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Adapts and encourages change.
- Takes the initiative.
- Ability to plan and organize tasks and projects simultaneously, while performing daily functions.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Five to seven years of billing experience with progressive responsibilities, including a minimum of two years in a supervisory role preferred.
- Four year degree in Business Finance or Accounting preferred.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.