See all jobs in Des Moines IA
Job Location: Des Moines, IA
Req No. 2021-7258
We are seeking a talented Service Desk Manager to be the leader of critical IT service-management functions that processes large, daily volumes and are responsible for smooth operations ensuring SLAs are being fulfilled and service-desk clients are happy with the support they are receiving. They will be actively involved in the day-to-day activities of their team, with direct accountability for service desk performance. Common daily service operations activities for the service desk manager include: Mentoring, reviewing escalations, executive communications, workload balancing, operational performance monitoring, continuous improvement, SLA compliance, managing shift hand-offs.
What You Can Look Forward to
- End to end user ownership of user administration, onboarding, access requests and offboards.
- Effectively managing, developing, and training the service desk team.
- Ensuring that all processes used by the service desk are thoroughly documented, consistently audited, and regularly improved.
- Conducting and sharing results from service and operation performance reviews.
- Promoting the service desk with senior management and working to ensure that it is properly viewed as a core business asset.
- Coordinating and managing all relevant stakeholders, including the support desk team, customers, and other teams that are involved in service desk operations.
- Full ownership and accountability for ITIL Incident & Problem management processes, resolution coordination and data reporting on these metrics, including CSI. Address SLA areas of concern. Often SLA targets will include multiple shifts. The service desk manager will evaluate service requests approaching or exceeding their SLAs and may adjust staff priorities.
- Assign staff for in-flight work. Any service requests in-progress during a shift hand-off are assigned to a receiving agent and a transition is conducted from the agent leaving his or her shift.
- Review operational metrics and note areas for attention. Review metrics and reports throughout each day to adjust staffing and workflows as needed to optimize service-desk performance.
- Follow up customer-satisfaction issues and user-feedback responses. The service desk manager is responsible for client satisfaction and will typically review any negative feedback or concerns clients have raised as a part of the post-ticket satisfaction survey.
- Mentor staff. The service desk manager is responsible for staff productivity as well as ensuring positive client perceptions. He or she will often mentor staff about customer-service skills as well as technical issues.
- Monitor tickets and calls. Service desk managers will often monitor incoming service-desk tickets to understand broad trends and identify dependencies that individual agents can't see when working on an individual ticket.
- Manage escalated issues. The service desk manager is the escalation point for any incidents, service requests or issues. During a typical shift, a service desk manager may spend as much as half of his or her time managing escalations.
- Data-driven decision-making: Must be astute consumers of operational data and skilled in using data to make informed decisions.
- Hands-on experience; understanding ITSM industry strategies and standards; incident management, change and release management; and Service Management strategies.
- Managing interpersonal dynamics during high stress events in professional manner using empathetic approach. Applying conflict-management skills during events where tension levels rise.
- Strategic thinking skills: understand and develop plans to solve process gaps, training issues, etc.
- Work Prioritization: The Service Desk Manager will be responsible for balancing workloads across teams and agents to maximize productivity, minimize costs and ensure SLA compliance.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems, Information Technology, Management / Business Management, Engineering or Computer Science.
- Seven or more years of related technical and managerial experience in an end-to-end service desk and desk side service delivery environment.
- Certified ITIL Foundation Level Certification.
- Familiarity with service desk technologies including IT Service Management (prefer ServiceNow).
- Expert knowledge and hands on experience with ITSM industry best practices and techniques, including KPI's and CSI benchmarks. Must be fluent in data analytics and industry assessment techniques.
- The ability to build a cohesive team and to manage people effectively. This includes the ability to coach and develop the team.
- A thorough understanding of the strategic vision for the service desk and the ability to set the long-term direction of the team.
- An ability to balance and plan the short-term actions of the team.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry standards, industry certifications a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of best practices for service management, industry certifications a plus.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to be influential and persuasive with stakeholders.
- An ability to market and promote the service desk and to advocate for necessary resources, support, and appreciation for the service desk.
- A complete understanding of the organization's business.
- An ability to think critically about systems and to make adjustments consistently as needed.
- The ability to manage time effectively while setting the tone of the team through modeling and leadership.
- ITIL v4 Certifications, ServiceNow Certification, HDI Certifications a plus.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.