See all jobs in Des Moines IA
Job Location: Des Moines, IA
Req No. 2020-6765
We are seeking a talented Technical Financial Consultant to be responsible for identifying the tasks and techniques used to work as a liaison among stakeholders in order to understand business process, structure, policies, and operations of the organization with the goal of helping deliver new and enhanced processes, products, and services. The person in this role will be formulating recommendations that enable the client FI to achieve its goals.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Understand and document client FI business requirements and scope development.
- Coordinate client FI projects and deliver proper documentation.
- Build strong internal and external partnerships.
- Proactively pursues development opportunities and show expected progress on learning plan.
- Conduct resource management to include forecasting demand and capacity.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Computer Information Systems plus 1-2 years project management experience, or equivalent training and/or experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Professional and Internet applications.
- Experience with financial systems and applications.
- Experience with an enterprise project management tool or equivalent.
- Knowledge of finance and credit and/or debit card systems is preferred.
- Proficient in the following: elicitation, requirements management, enterprise analysis, requirements analysis, and solution assessment and validation.
- Understanding of use cases, process maps, data flow diagrams; ability to assist in the creation and documentation of those processes.
- Understanding of unit testing, integration testing, and functional testing.
- Proficiency with graphical user interface and design methodologies.
- Fundamental understanding of project management methodologies and implementation.
- Good analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Proficiency in research and analysis, project planning and implementation. Understanding and awareness of business processes and issues as they impact overall project plans.
- Ability to express and document basic to moderate business processes and requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with technical staff, non-technical staff, and end-users for requirements gathering, assessment, testing, training, and outcome validation.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional project team environment.
- Fundamental understanding of concepts of project planning and project management techniques to facilitate small projects and/or group initiatives.
- Ability to coordinate the execution of projects with 1-3 service delivery areas.
- Expert knowledge of one or more areas of credit and debit card management, infrastructure and associated products and or services.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.