See all jobs in Des Moines IA
Job Location: Des Moines, IA
Req No. 2020-7065
We are seeking a talented Technical Product Owner to represent the product team as the product owner with the technical teams and provide the technical direction for CO-OP Financial Services' products and solutions; manage assigned development products; oversee technical develop delivery, implementation, and backlog of Product Road-map for multi-phase product initiatives, follow the product development methodology & discipline within CO-OP Financial Services in collaboration with cross functional business units. Responsibilities include product assessments, business case creation, business requirements, operating model, product positioning/commercialization, competitive analysis, product integration, market launch, and ongoing product lifecycle management.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Participates in the market analysis process for new products/services development to determine customer needs, industry direction, competitive product and market positioning and overall product strategy.
- Assists with the creation of compelling product vision and execution.
- Develops business plan, including business requirements, such as product design and strategic fit, go-to-market strategy, plus financial business case; pricing, cost, revenue forecasts, capital costs, profit.
- Analyzes interconnectedness of products/partners/technologies to create best of breed products/services.
- Executes the sections of product development cycle including requirements (functional, operational, and technical), system integration, testing compliance, product launch and implementation.
- Manages product development to ensure adherence to budget while maintaining requirements for the product.
- Works with development teams, 3rd-party vendors, associations, and internal stakeholders to execute on development, launch and implementation plans. Act as single interface with development.
- Identifies and interprets customer/stakeholder needs and translate feedback and user testing results into feature/functionality requirements.
- Actively supports and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree and/or minimum five years of product development experience.
- Professional background in strategic and tactical product development management.
- Proven track record and experience in presentation skills to both a large and small group.
- Proven track record of bringing successful products to market on time.
- Proven staff management skills in leading resources to a higher and strategic thought process.
- Knowledge of strategic and product development methodologies.
- Knowledge of strategic planning process.
- Knowledge of product life cycle management tenets.
- Advanced understanding and knowledge of financial services industry, preferably credit unions and payments industry.
- Knowledge of technical product management.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Accomplished presentation skills and comfort level in front of C-level executives.
- Strong negotiation skills and vendor management skills.
- Skilled at driving projects to completion in a timely manner, meeting pre-determined deadlines.
- Requirements gathering skills.
- Product Backlog grooming.
- Ability to synthesize disparate and complex technology and summarize key points concisely for consumption by different levels of the organization, including executive team.
- Skilled at defining customer needs and using that knowledge to defining functional product specifications.
- Market research and analysis skills, including sizing and market need.
- Skilled at evaluation of business and product opportunities and strategic product planning.
- Assessing impact on organization and operational environment of new product initiatives.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Outstanding execution skills.
- Financial analysis skills-to assist finance department in building forecasting models and use those models to build financial business case for products.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.