As the Shipping Coordinator, you will increase sales by helping ensure on time, accurate shipments for all OEM, Aftermarket, and Intercompany customers. Coordinate all aspects of shipment preparation for Freight (LTL and truckload) orders, up to document transfer to material handler / dock load process.
- Coordinate all aspects of shipment preparation for Freight (LTL and truckload) orders, up to document transfer to material handler / dock load process.
- Help coordinate and expedite available and in process finished goods to ensure on time shipment for freight OEM, Aftermarket, and Intercompany customers, based in the U.S. and overseas.
- Submit required shipment information to customer / carrier via portal, email, fax, or phone to arrange pickup or shipment.
- Prepare all labels and shipping paperwork required for pickup. Prepare and supply export-related paperwork for international customers.
- Accurate and timely invoicing of freight orders, as per company and customer requirements, including backorders, freight charges, and fees.
- Process end of day ship log and balance against daily shipments.
- Work extensively with Shipping, Materials, Production, Customer Service, Customers, and Carriers to maximize revenue and customer satisfaction.
- Assist with shipment related dispute resolution for internal and external customers.
- HS diploma required, some college preferred.
- Candidates need demonstrated analytic, computer systems, communications and problem solving skills from experience.
- Two years or more experience in a customer service, manufacturing, or shipping environment.
- Industrial, distribution, or manufacturing background preferred.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- Must be self-motivated, have good analytical skills, work well individually or as a team member.
- Demonstrated proficiency in analytical and personal computing skills, specifically using Microsoft Office Applications.
- Demonstrated ability to engage in results orientated activity.
- Sense of urgency, excellent time management skills. Thrives under pressure.