Under the direction of the Global Applications Manager the Oracle Business Analyst will use their thorough understanding of the business needs and translate them into business requirement documents that will be used for the Oracle EBS application. The individual will call upon his/her functional knowledge of Oracle Applications to deliver application design, module configuration / setup, user acceptance testing, and end-user training. Analyze, design, configure and test Oracle enhancements to support business processes. This role will provide day-to-day support of the Oracle environment including, reporting requirements, ad-hoc requests from business and production system support issues. Continuously reviews opportunities for improvement in how Oracle platforms are leveraged, and brings best practices to the forefront. The Oracle Business Analyst will act as a key interface with Oracle Application Developers to communicate business requirements.
- Provide Oracle EBS R12 production support for the following Supply chain modules: ASCP, INV, BOM, WIP, ENG, WMS and MES. Additional modules knowledge used in Supply chain and manufacturing like Demantra, Quality and iSupplier will be preferred.
- Assess and provide assistance to day-to-day functional issues, situations, and questions that arise from the Oracle Applications user community and provide appropriate and well thought-out solutions.
- Work with system users to translate business requirements into functional specifications; creating required documentation, conducting required system configurations, performing integration testing, and instructing users.
- Research and analyze new software solutions whether it is for new Oracle modules or bolt-on's, and present such findings to the pertinent business and IT communities.
- Create and maintain documentation related to delivering support to existing usage of applications or to proposing new alternatives or process changes.
- Act as a key liaison between the business user community and IT staff both on a regional and global basis.
- Work in a functional business analyst role on special projects or new Oracle implementations when needed in order to provide continuity between new businesses and existing ones on the global instance.
- Provide technical insight during the trouble-shooting of existing issues or during the formulation of enhancements or reporting.
- Interface with outside resources to accomplish tasks and initiatives including working with Oracle Support, third-party-vendors, and other users of Oracle products.
- A minimum of 6 years of functional Oracle experience directly applying expertise with the business user community. Oracle EBS modules: ASCP, INV, BOM, WIP, Costing, ENG, WMS and MES. Additional modules knowledge used in Supply chain and manufacturing like Demantra, Quality and iSupplier will be preferred.
- Knowledge of Oracle EBS financial modules like GL,AP, AR, FA, EB-TAX, Costing also preferred
- Application experience in discrete manufacturing environments is required.
- Must have actively participated on several Oracle implementation projects in either a functional consultant capacity.
- Ability to perform rudimentary SQL queries and be knowledgeable on Oracle data model/table structures.
- Demonstrated aptitude to effectively communicate and constructively engage with all organizational levels, including ability to build consensus and drive decision making.
- Exhibit expert knowledge to all levels in the areas of planning, supply chain, manufacturing, and distribution functional areas, specifically ASCP, INV, BOM, WIP, ENG, WMS and MES. Additional modules knowledge used in Supply chain and manufacturing like Demantra, Quality and iSupplier will be preferred.
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple initiatives and deadlines, and deliver high quality results using best-practice methods.
- Use of soft skills and initiative to accomplishing tasks that shows ownership and resolve in getting things done.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills and experience communicating with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Mentor colleagues and user community in a suitable manner that creates synergy and that promotes an agile methodology atmosphere.
- Demonstrated User experience in Windows and Unix operating environments.