We have an exciting opportunity for a Manager of Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) to join our team! In this newly created role, the Manager of S&OP will be responsible for developing and implementing a robust S&OP process globally and drive best-in-class S&OP processes to help transform the organization. The S&OP Manager will lead cross-functional team development of processes and KPIs to support the S&OP process and its effectiveness..Requirements:
- Create and maintain the consensus demand plan at multiple levels of aggregation, using statistical models and insights from Sales, Marketing, and Finance.
- Utilize S&OP to align all functions on short and long-term growth strategies.
- Lead scenario-based modeling to make difficult business decisions and calculated risks.
- Measuring, controlling, and improving S&OP plan accuracy through clearly defined metrics.
- Summarizing complete sales, inventory, and operations plan into standardized, succinct management report. Ability to present complex details to various levels of the organization.
- Collaborates with the Commercial Teams to define and implement the best planning methodologies, based on customer provided data, internal forecasts, and most appropriate categorization of demand planning ($, units, Line of Business, Major Product Groups, Product Lines)
- Working closely with Inventory Planning and Manufacturing to understand and mitigate potential inventory and/or capacity constraints to meeting business plan.
- Providing key inputs into business planning process to set operating plans, resource need while being able to communicate plans at all levels of organization in easy-to-comprehend language.
- Lead the monthly Sales & Operations Planning Process, and act as the voice of the business to partners in Supply Chain, Operations and Sales.
- Leads cross-functional team in the development of an aligned sales forecast, leveraging knowledge of historical performance, customer behavior, competitive activity and tactical/investment plans for the business
- Prepares, communicates, and effectively presents state of the business including sources of forecast variance, expectations for volume performance in future periods, as well as risks and opportunities to the Senior Leadership team
- Collaborates to align S&OP forecast as a direct input into both the financial and operational plans to support expected demand
- Understand the key business drivers at key customers to identify opportunities for growth and risks to current plans
- Coordinates with the Operations Teams to define value streams, production capacities, and production constraints for utilization as part of the S&OP process.
- Escalate high risk shifts in demand in the short term to key senior stakeholders; Communicates opportunities and risks to management on a proactive basis.
- Knowledge of key customer metrics/expectations and apply understanding of the resultant behaviors to explanations of variance or expectations for future periods
- In collaboration with the Finance Team, ensure our S&OP process can be utilized as the epicenter of financial forecasting process.
- Compare Operational forecasts to Financial forecast. Explain variances, note uncertainty and highlight risk areas to the S&OP team.
- Lead resolution of demand/supply imbalances with key stakeholders
- Help assess the impact of potential changes to customer base
- Partner with Sales, Supply Chain and Operations to successfully manage product transitions, both end of life and new product introductions
- Partner with stakeholders in Sales, Marketing, Finance, Supply Planning and Customer Service teams to maximize customer fulfillment while concurrently minimizing working capital investment
- Participate in efforts to reduce costs throughout the Supply Chain
- Create, prepare, and maintain forecast templates while continuously improving demand planning workflow with efficiency and easily translated to the monthly S&OP.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, or related field.
- Minimum of ten (10) years Supply Chain, Operations or Sales experience, including five (5) years of direct experience in materials planning, forecasting, and/or S&OP
- Proven ability to conduct complex, quantitative and statistical analyses complimented with qualitative inputs from multiple sources to draw conclusions and make recommendations
- Strong Project Management Skills - Managing numerous projects at once.
- APICS certification a plus
- Proven conflict resolution experience with the ability to handle stress, conflicting priorities, ambiguous information
- Extensive knowledge of ERP business systems (Oracle preferred) and experience helping to design and document processes
- Excellent planning, problem solving, analytical skills and advanced Excel skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Financial concepts and how decisions can impact key metrics
- Ability to think strategically, AND execute effectively
- Self-motivated team member who can drive resolution to issues with strong problem- solving skills