As a Design Engineer, this person will participate in planning and executing assigned projects to support development for present and future applications in Aftermarket and OE markets. They will lead the implementation of new and existing products. They will also coordinate with the manufacturing plants to execute validation builds and testing. In addition, develop new and innovative solutions to balance design requirements, product cost, and product manufacturability.
- Develop hydraulic designs and specifications based on product management and OE customer input.
- Create 3D Cad components, assemblies and detailed drawings.
- Lead multiple design reviews, perform simulations, and obtain engineering sign off on all required deliverables.
- Document, report and communicate project progress to engineering leadership positions on a weekly basis.
- Produce engineering documents to include assembly drawings, installation drawings, service documents, and engineering test specifications.
- Holds self and team members accountable to meeting commitments.
- Responsible for managing Change Orders, Deviations, and Bill of Materials using ORACLE to execute builds at the plants.
- Apply materials and testing experimental methods to design tests and interpret tests results.
- Utilize laboratory tests, mathematical models and statistical techniques to initiate, develop and launch new products or product improvements
- Interface with Manufacturing, Project Management, Quality, Production Control and Finance to ensure cross functional groups are aligned.
- Maintain design standard across product lines and follow established procedures.
- Coordinates work with other locations and collaborates with an offshore design support group.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or other closely related field.
- 5 years designing hydraulic products or components.
- Design experience with agriculture/construction/off road equipment or mechanical power transmission products is a plus.
- Solidworks, Oracle ERP system usage. Familiarity with MS Office products.