EvergreenHealth is seeking an experienced Manager Clinical RN to join our well established EvergreenHealth Primary Care team (EHPC)
Manages the day-to-day clinic operations including physician/advanced practice clinician (PA/ARNP) and staff ratios, patient scheduling, patient flow, medical records management, patient accounting, supply ordering and complaint resolution. Provides direct clinical practice oversight of MA and RN workflow. Provides patient education and care under the supervision of a physician or ACP including chronic disease management, transition of care, wound care, diabetic teaching, etc.
1. Achieves budgeted expenses on a monthly and annual basis. On an annual basis, develops the office revenue, expense and capital budgets within EvergreenHealth guidelines.
2. Ensures the clinic and personnel are in compliance with EvergreenHealth policies. Ensures operation is in regulatory compliance with all governing agencies or bodies (OSHA, J C, Medicare, HIPAA etc.). Responsible for the timeliness, accuracy and security of the patient medical record within the clinic.
3. Responsible for ensuring training of staff in proper EMR processes and procedures.
4. Works in collaboration for the development of a continuous quality improvement culture and follow through of projects from design through completion, learning and next steps, in conjunction with CSP, EHPC Clinical QI specialist, EHPC Clinical Informatics Specialist and others as appropriate.
5. Responsible for CQI indicator monitoring, data collection and reporting.
6. Manages the clinic flow.
7. Provides continuity of care between the clinic, hospital, ER, specialists, Home Health, Hospice and LTC facilities.
8. Triages patients in person and via phone. Participates with the providers to develop and implement a plan of care. Analyzes diagnostic / lab test results and relays that information to the providers. Coordinates critical results in a timely manner.
9. Provides oversight of medical assistants to ensure patient care is provided within established guidelines and evaluates the outcomes of care. Provides education and training for medical assistants in collaboration with the Manager-EHPC RNs & Clinical Practice and/or Program Manager IClinical Improvement.
10. Performs nursing visits within scope of practice.
11. Balances workloads and adjusts staffing to adequately cover providers.
12. Provides safe, family centered nursing patient care and serves as a consultant to the patients and caregivers
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED for the position:
Bachelors in Nursing (BSN) required within 5 years of employment if applicable
Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
Currently certified in BLS, ACLS or PALS
3 years of previous RN experience
1 year of management experience in a health care setting, preferably in a medical clinic, and/or an advanced degree
Chronic care management and patient education skills
Ability to manage a variety of concurrent programs and projects effectively while utilizing time, equipment and supplies appropriately.
DESIRED for the position:
Masters degree, may be other than Nursing if has a BSN
Experience managing a patient accounting and health plan referral process
Previous lead and/or supervisory experience demonstrating effective, positive and constructive feedback skills