See all jobs in Aberdeen Proving Ground MD
Job Location: Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
Location: Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG), MD
The Network Engineer will provide systems engineering, programmatic/analytical support, and technical assistance for Combat Service Support Automated Information System Interface (CAISI), Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT), Inflatable Satellite Antenna, and any additional follow-on systems.
- An active DoD Secret Security Clearance is required.
- Perform program planning, analysis, strategic planning, programmatic metrics, systems and risk management, and evaluations related to various programs and projects.
- Responsible for assessing and meeting user requirements.
- Design and analyze communications systems for satellite applications. Must be familiar with RF analyses such as link budgets, digital modulation/coding, gain/loss budgets, noise figure, etc.
- Work with a team providing customer support, testing, documentation, training and software installation/configuration of ERP applications.
- Perform system reports and create procedure documentation.
- Provide ongoing customer consultation and analysis.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
- Work collaboratively with developers, quality engineers, product managers, and usability experts to make products easier to use.
- Produce clear, concisely written documents that will be used as the technical basis for high dollar value procurement of RF equipment such as converters, filters, receivers and high-power amplifiers.
- Provide oversight of performance specifications, interface control drawing, and statement of work generation. Candidate will work with potential subcontractors to ensure any technical solution meets the top-level customer's needs while satisfying system and program constraints.
- Design and plan network communications systems, providing specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture using Visio network diagrams.
- Provide detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as Cisco routers, firewalls, switches, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Provide specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Perform network monitoring, testing, maintenance, and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
- Support DISA ACAS/Nessus scanning and hardening of Windows workstation/server and Cisco appliances as required.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of Engineering Change Requests and Proposals for presentation through a Change Control Board.
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides.
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications.
- Ancillary duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, generate and maintaining technical documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, with 7 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree can be substituted with 4 years relevant experience
- Security + Required; CISSP preferred
- CNNP Enterprise Required
- Experience with tactical military communications and/or satellite communications training desired
- Experience with Oracle software installation/configuration
- Proficiency with iDirect networks from Network Operations level and remote modem level. At a minimum, candidate will possess knowledge equivalent to the basic IOM course
- Experience and strong understanding of Risk Management Framework (RMF) as pertaining to DOD Systems.
- Proficiency with Linux OS Configurations
- Basic familiarity with the SDLC and software development
- Operational, business, or technical experience relevant to systems development, operations, and project management
- Have familiarity with the operation of standard RF test equipment (e.g., spectrum analyzers, power meters, network analyzers)
- Possess experience in the areas of satellite communications specifically in terminal subsystem design, operation, and/or repair and maintenance
- Proficient with Python or C#
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- 20% travel may be required
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities