See all jobs in Aberdeen Proving Ground MD
Job Location: Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
Location: Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG), MD
PRINCIPAL SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Systek is seeking a Principal Systems Engineering professional to support Space and Terrestrial Communications Directorate (S&TCD) at Aberdeen Proving Ground to provide expertise in tactical satellite communication systems, subsystems, baseband equipment, software applications and networks.
Provide Systems Engineering and Acquisition support to JSEC; focus on JSEC Protected Tactical Waveform PTW team role in support of Protected SATCOM.
Provide technical expertise & laboratory support to provide operations, installation, integration, test, QA, maintenance, and hardware and software engineering support for S&TCD Wireless Communication Laboratories across all labs. Includes:
- Expertise in SATCOM/wireless communications systems architecture
- Engineering, design, analysis, and associated engineering and evaluation
- RF link budget and link margin calculations for both military and commercial SATCOM systems
- Evaluation of antenna performance and efficiency analysis
- Effective Isotropic Radiated Power, G/T, and link impairment calculations
- Earth Terminal architecture and RF systems engineering; satellite architecture and communications performance
- Recommendations to support operations in degraded communications environments (weather, scintillation, and interference)
- Detailed satellite network throughput analysis, and spectrum use and efficiency.
- Documenting complex and comprehensive studies on systems which includes analysis and findings detailing favorable and unfavorable system attributes, including for WGS, DSCS, MILSTAR, and XTAR.
- Writing white papers on pertinent SATCOM issues and present findings at SATCOM Technical Interchange Meetings.
- Technical expert in the evaluation of transponder and protected satellite proposed concepts, solutions, and studies from other DoD Contractors and vendors.
- Provide Software Engineering support to the IT&C Branch
- Software and script development and hardware and software integration on systems which are the essential building blocks in the testing of communications systems
- Participate in the planning and execution of test and evaluation activities
- Decompose technical requirements and capabilities into executable scripts
- Participate in system-level technical and operational testing
- Assist in creating and developing test scenarios for PTW Conformance Use Cases
- Continuous development, integration, and testing support for the IT&C PTW Conformance Program
QUALIFICATIONS - PRINCIPLE SYSTEMS ENGINEER
- Bachelor of Science in Math, Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or relevant technical field.
- 10+ years of experience as software engineering, security engineering, network engineering which requires the implementation of enterprise and system specific cyber security requirements to improve network defensive posture and hands on experience with JSEC SATCOM systems.
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Some travel may be required.
Systek offers a very comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, life, disability, and long-term care insurance effective on an employee's date of hire. Systek also offers a 401k plan, paid time off, service anniversary awards, and tuition reimbursement.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities