Oblong is transforming the way people work, create, and collaborate. We have designed a groundbreaking collaborative conference room solution that is already changing the way groups of people meet and work. We are expanding that offering with a cloud-based multi-share solution that will enhance remote meetings for teams everywhere. We seek top-notch, lifelong learners who are excited to share ideas and solve challenging problems that will help shape the future of collaborative work.
What would you do:
Appliance Security Integration: You will be responsible for ensuring the Mezzanine Appliance fits into the network and security architecture of our customers. You'll work with the Oblong operations and networking teams, the customer's operations and networking teams, and the customer's security team to ensure that installed appliances are working securely. You'll work with the other members of the engineering team to verify maintenance and new development work is done in a secure way with an eye towards working with our customer's systems. You'll generate documentation, diagrams, and other materials to inform customers of our security features / practices. You'll work with engineering management to prioritize, plan, design, and build/integrate our appliance into the enterprise security systems used by our customers.
Appliance Security Reviews: You will be responsible for proactively addressing Mezzanine Appliance security concerns. You will work with engineering management to ensure appropriate development and test time is added to the schedule for required changes and additions. You will work with other engineers to ensure the software and hardware changes are correct and work with QA to ensure that testing for these issues has been included.
Vulnerability mitigation: You will help our upstream partners and libraries to find and mitigate vulnerabilities in their code and services. You will help our customers install and operate the appliance to minimize risk.
Research, Training, and Tool Development: Security is ever evolving, you will help Oblong to stay ahead of trends and keep our engineering staff one step ahead of threats. You will have the opportunity to participate in the broader enterprise security community to ensure that Oblong has a progressive security stance and to contribute tools and materials back to the community..Requirements:
- BS or MS in Computer science or relevant industry experience
- Detailed knowledge and experience with key and certificate management at enterprise scale, including SED/OPAL, TLS, X.509, and revocation of keys and certificates.
- Experience working with enterprise level authentication and authorization systems such as Active Directory, LDAP, etc.
- Experience with automated tools to scan and identify security issues
- Experience with a scripting language like Python, Ruby. Experience with Go, Rust, or C/C++ a plus
- Understanding of networking protocols: TLS, HTTPS
- Comfortable working directly with engineering, customers, and security vendors
- Experience securing and analyzing appliances based on a Linux OS
- Software development / programming experience
- Experience with WebRTC and streaming media security
- Experience with enterprise logging systems such as Splunk
- Experience with system-level security tools
- Experience with static code analysis, dynamic and runtime analysis tools
- Comfortable customizing and making changes to existing security tools
We Take Care of Our People
Oblong is the type of company where you can balance great work with a great life. We believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do so we offer:
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Amazing health coverage for you and your family that begins on day one of employment. We pay 100% of the premiums for you and your dependents.
- Generous time off policies
- 401k with a match
Oblong is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.