The Ratkovich Company (TRC) is a mission-driven real estate development company located in downtown Los Angeles, California. Our mission is to profitably produce developments that improve the quality of urban life. Since its founding, TRC has developed over 18 million square feet of real estate and we have achieved property valuations of over $2.7 billion since 1999. To learn more about TRC, visit our website at www.Ratkovich.com
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Assistant Development Manager's (ADM) primary function will be to provide analytical and development support to the company's senior management and the company's Acquisitions Manager. The ADM will provide development and analytical support for West Harbor at the LA Waterfront, The Alhambra and The Villages, company acquisitions, and other company projects. This position is an in-office position and reports to our corporate office in downtown Los Angeles.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES
New and Existing Projects
- Financial Analyses: Prepare financial analysis related to the overall project, prepare project and construction budgets, prepare leasing and development analyses. In addition, the position will assist with the preparation of current property market valuations for existing projects.
- Budgeting: Manage project development budgets and re-forecasts.
- Leasing: Assist with leasing on an as-needed basis'.
- Responsibilities may include performing lease analyses and/or credit analyses on proposals for prospective tenants and/or renewals of existing tenants and contributing to marketing and leasing meetings.
- Entitlements: Assist with attaining project entitlements and public and community relations processes related to the completion of the public approvals of the entitlements.
- Design and Construction Oversight: Assist with oversight of the third-party vendors in connection with the project design and construction.
- Financial Analyses: Prepare financial analyses on potential acquisitions, including reviewing and presenting Argus and/or Excel proformas for potential acquisitions and opportunities.
- Market Research: Prepare market research to identify and support acquisition opportunities.
- Due Diligence: Support the in-depth due diligence review processes, including the analysis of leases and related documents, title documents, property condition assessment reports, environmental reports, zoning reports, entitlements, and building plans and specifications.
- Debt and Equity: Support debt and equity providers in the completion of their due diligence and underwriting.
- Presentations: Prepare acquisition presentations for the company's senior management, and equity and debt providers.
- This position will support the underwriting, negotiation, due diligence, financial prorations, and closing processes related to property re-financings, re-capitalizations, and dispositions.
The ADM will have a variety of responsibilities, which may develop over time, and may undertake other tasks that are assigned by management.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college required.
MBA or master's degree with a concentration in Financial Planning, Financial Analysis, or Project Planning strongly preferred.
Minimum 3 Years of active real estate financial analysis experience using Microsoft Excel required.
Minimum 3 Years of prior development management, project management, or similar experience is strongly preferred.
Skills & Personal Characteristics:
Ability to effectively lead, motivate and manage teams.
Create cohesive teams, encouraging innovation and constructive dissent.
Ability to work independently and with minimal oversight.
Effective listening and negotiation skills.
Effective interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to express complex ideas effectively and efficiently to target audiences.
Ability to build rapport with internal and external members.
Proven ability to be flexible, prioritize, and manage multiple projects while delivering on a deadline.
Advanced MS Office skills, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
Prior Argus Software experience is strongly preferred. Yardi experience a plus.
- Open door policy with direct access to senior management.
- Independent and entrepreneurial work style that allows employees to heavily impact the business.
- Competitive salary and discretionary bonus commensurate with experience and education.
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision benefits, voluntary insurance program, flexible spending accounts, and 401k plan.
A physically demanding job is one where the incumbent is required to stand for extended periods of time, lift heavy objects on a regular basis, do repetitive tasks with few breaks, and so forth. The ADM's role will require walking, talking, standing, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, hearing, repetitive motions, and visual acuity. As such requirements are described as Medium Work (exerting up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up-to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up-to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects).
- Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Flexibility with evenings, weekends, and holidays when required.
TRC is an equal opportunity employer.