Complex problems. Inspired solutions.
Job Title: Principal Electrical Engineer
This position is a 6-month contract with the possibility of permanent hire after contract. Must be available to work on-site 1-2 days per week during Covid.
Who we are
Syncroness provides inspired solutions to highly complex business and technical problems. We focus on accelerating time-to-market and ensuring a profitable outcome for our clients.
By providing a full complement of engineering services aligned to the entire product lifecycle, Syncroness enables companies to accelerate product development and drive more predictability and productivity into their businesses. Working with Syncroness, companies gain the critical insights necessary to develop products that make a difference and create a better world.
We provide proven value and predictable results in demanding and regulated markets by employing our core competencies in:
- Project management
- Product and System Engineering
- Core Engineering disciplines
- Knowledge integration
- NPD and Sustaining Engineering
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide technical leadership for hardware architecture and trade study development of high-reliability aerospace applications.
- Lead or participate as a member of an integrated product development team to optimize designs and verify electronic/electrical system performance.
- Conceptualize,design,test, and document sub-systems for aircraft safety and survivability.
- Support aerospace software certification efforts.
- Support technical execution of electronic controller designs and test stand development.
- Support technical inputs to customer proposal work.
- Create circuit designs including component selection, schematic capture, modeling, firmware development, and analysis for high-reliability embedded systems.
- Conduct predictive analysis and modeling.
- Work with board layout designers to ensure design integrity.
- Interface with procurement and suppliers to ensure optimized component sourcing.
- Working with the development team, create test procedures for the qualification of electronic systems.
- Provide analysis to support electrical circuit changes or approvals.
- Conduct root-cause-analysis and technical investigations for software/hardware designs.
- Work with mechanical and stress engineers to ensure proper packaging of systems.
- Provide engineering assistance to production, service, and repair personnel.
- Possess excellent communication skills, including the ability to write technical material and present to customers and mid-level managers.
- Able to work and communicate with representatives from various departments including Business Development, Finance, and Operations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering (B.S.E.E. or B.E.E.), Computer Engineering Degree from an ABET accredited program.
- 8+ years' experience in the Electrical Engineering field.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Experience with embedded microprocessor design and peripheral interfacing with sensor inputs.
- Experience with critical circuit analysis/simulation using tools such as PSpice.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Experience with software development in a structured environment
- Experience with DO-178B safety of software in airborne applications.
- Experience with military aerospace testing standards.
- Experience with requirements management software such as DOORS.
- Experience with Labview.
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
1 | Page
syncroness headquarters10875 dover st westminster, colorado 80021303.429.5005www.syncroness.com