We are currently seeking a Regional Director of Facilities. The Regional Director is responsible for planning, organizing, developing and directing the general operating maintenance, repair, and housekeeping of assigned properties and their physical plant to maintain proper operations. Oversee the general operations of each assigned maintenance department and housekeeping department to ensure that each property is maintained in a safe, clean and comfortable manner. Reports to: CEO, NAZARETH HOUSES.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the basic functions of the position. While every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of the position, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Ensure that all Nazareth properties (include school) comply with all applicable local, state and federal rules and regulations and company policies and procedures as required by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration Standards.
- Assist and support all communities' Maintenance teams with issues related to planning, development, implementation, organization, evaluation and direction of property maintenance, standards, and cleanliness.
- Assist and support communities' Maintenance teams with system development and effective management for responding to work orders, coordinating work assignments, vendors and contractors.
- Support and assist in annual budget planning, pricing and implementation of new projects.
- Ensure all properties deliver expected cleanliness, maintenance and service levels within annual budget.
- Support all Maintenance staff in all the Facilities across all Nazareth properties in all aspects of operations including equipment replacement, equipment repair, renovations, re-purposing, projects and building repair issues.
- Negotiate and ensure that contracts for utilities including: water, electricity, natural gas, telephone, sewer, cleaning, trash removal, pest control, cable television, elevator, boiler maintenance and all other services related to maintenance all conditions of maintenance contract are appropriate and met. Report any concerns to the CEO.
- Ensure all facilities have required certificates of insurance with the appropriate level of insurance and any additional insurance if needed.
- Monitor the performance of all 3rd party vendor contracts, as requested, to ensure work order completion, and review price quotes for the procurement of parts, services and labor for projects.
- Ensure that all work completed by community and vendor on-site personnel is within legal scope of local and state codes, as well as, any required certifications.
- For all properties, ensure that maintenance managers are supervising safety and fire protection programs, conducting proper inspects on all areas and equipment regularly.
- Schedules and coordinates fire drills and disaster drills to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Identify appropriate safety precautions and equipment to use when performing maintenance tasks that could result in injury; performing all of the duties of the property's Hazard Communication Program including oversight that all personnel wear and/or use safety equipment and supplies (e.g., gloves, masks, any braces, machinery, etc.).
- Ensure that all necessary Global Harmonizing Safety Data Sheets are updated, maintained, and stored in areas accessible to all employees; and are implementing all applicable OSHA policies.
- Identifying training needs, tracking performance, coaching and motivating maintenance team members. Hires, terminate and complete performance evaluations for maintenance teams.
- Ensure that each property has been scheduled for annual maintenance heating units, ventilating, air conditioning, water, electric and other systems.
- Complete site visits and Quality Assurance audits each quarter.
- Develop and oversee correction plans.
- As requested, participate in property surveys (inspections) made by authorized governmental agencies.
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for all staff, residents and guests following established safety standards.
- Participate in periodic and/or routine meetings to address operational issues and discuss performance measurements for the properties.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of maintenance procedures.
- Performs day-to-day clerical work connected with the position.
- Promotes and displays a spirit of teamwork in performance of daily duties through cooperative interactions with co-workers and property residents.
- Support a positive and professional image through actions, dress and interactions with property staff.
- Perform other duties consistent with the position as assigned by the Chief Operating Officer.