User Experience / User Interface Designer
Supervisor: Director of Product Design Location: Los Angeles
Wondros translates the complex stories of the world's most innovative organizations,
companies, and individuals into dynamic content that informs the culture and inspires change. We work internationally with partners in all fields of business - from humanitarian nonprofits to public financials & health institutions from universities to retail brands.
Wondros is seeking a User Experience and User Interface (UX/UI) Designer to create world-class digital experiences that are intuitive, beautiful, user-friendly, and meaningful. This position is remote until we move back on-site as part of the Wondros digital design team in Los Angeles.
Digital products include responsive websites, reporting dashboards, landing pages, digital ad units, email newsletters, microsites, apps for iOS/Android, CMS interfaces, interactive kiosks, PDFs for digital download, social media content, and interfaces for emerging digital technologies.
In this role, the UX/UI Designer works in partnership and collaboration with the Data Visualization Designer, under the supervision of the Director of Product Design.
- Work in tandem with Data Visualization Design and Analytics colleagues to produce data visualizations that minimize cognitive load and tell a story.
- Work to design experiences that reflect a clear understanding of the underlying business goals, user needs, project/client's brand identity, and creative vision.
- Present user experience and user interface design solutions to internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee the preparation of development-ready design files for the client/partner delivery on schedule and in a clear, actionable package. Draft UI specifications documentation as needed.
- Work in tandem with Design Research team members on user-driven design solutions that effectively address user needs.
- Work with copywriters on content development for a project's overall user experience.
- Be a strong advocate and communicator across the company to advocate for design quality and user-centered design excellence. Advocate for the WONDROS Digital design team's skills, expertise, and decision-making when required.
- Engage in creative ideation for cross-platform solutions with interdepartmental team members.
- Support QA of digital products from a user experience and UI design implementation point of view.
- Translate analytics learnings into actionable design optimizations.
- Work with digital producers on design team priorities, assignments and timing, and overall project vision.
- Foster an environment of excellence through experimentation and continual improvement. Be coachable.
- Stay abreast of latest industry UX/UI design trends and tools and keep the WONDROS Digital design team a top industry competito
Strong portfolio of proven, innovative, modern UI design and work REQUIRED and should be submitted at the time of application.
- Bachelor's Degree in graphic design, HCI, or equivalent professional experience.
- Strong conceptual thinking. Strong background with 2+ years of digital design experience with a specific focus on UX/UI/data visualization.
- Experience working in a design production capacity in a digital agency environment STRONGLY preferred.
- Knowledge of Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustration, Photoshop, XD) as well as proficiency with prototyping tools such as inVision, Principle, or Figma, plus other collaborative tools including Zeplin, Abstract and Slack.
- Passion for making it easier for people to understand complex ideas.
- Must be highly organized, including clear external and internal file management and great attention to detail.
- A solid understanding of designing for web and mobile and best practice-usability principles, such as wireframing, information architecture, interaction design, user interface design, motion design, and prototyping.
- Strong teamwork skills--the ability to work with mentors and other designers.
- Experience working with front-end development teams as well as the confidence and skill to communicate your ideas clearly. Coding skills a plus.
- Must be able to work efficiently on multiple projects to meet tight deadlines.