We are at the forefront of change in this rapidly evolving lending market. mello, the Greek word for future, was the product of a recent $80+ million dollar investment in research & development to transform & streamline the home buying process into a digital experience like no other competitor offers. But mello is just the beginning loanDepot will continue to invest in developing our own advanced technology ecosystem built around serving our customers & enabling our valued employees to provide exceptional service. We have funding, we have opportunities, you have ideasits a perfect match. Come join us!
loanDepot We are Americas Lender.
Responsible for delivering senior level innovative, compelling, coherent software solutions for our consumer, internal operations and value chain constituents across a wide variety of enterprise applications through the creation of discrete business services and their supporting components. This position has an emphasis either on the front-end or backend development focus depending on the placement of the role and team. The job duties and requirements are defined for backend and front-end separately. This position ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the companys policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Develops software: Designs and implements new technologies, frameworks and platform improvements. Subject-matter expert for application security, engaging, collaborating and advising on application security and application security analytics practices, standards, and methods.
- Estimates tasks: Estimates and delivers significant projects and initiatives on schedule.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving: Expert debugging. Read memory dumps, analyze log files for patterns. Very familiar with common problems (memory leaks, deadlocks, etc.) Uses tools to analyze code and look for problems, including Veracode and SonarQube.
- Project design & execution: Correctly reads and delivers business and technical requirements. Looks for opportunities to group capabilities into frameworks, suggests innovative solutions, and leverages existing technologies. Balances elegant & sophisticated against pragmatic. Strong attention to detail. Sponsors initiatives and is a driver of requirements. Leads complex and significant projects. Plans and manages scope, resources and schedule.
- Testing: Expert, builds happy-path and sad-path unit tests. Builds tests which validate key capabilities or fragile code. Builds automated functional and integration tests. Experienced with Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and other testing methodologies. Creates testing strategy.
- Document Solutions: Clearly documents solutions by following established templates. Improves existing templates and creates new templates as needed. Drives the strategic development of documentation to improve efficiency and transparency.
- Governance: Completes all mandatory training and abides by all policies, laws and guidelines. Champions new and improved policies and procedures. Manages organizational change.
- Provide oversight and assurance for assessment of enterprise applications, including web, cloud, and mobile applications to deliver secure and robust solutions.
- Performs analysis of software code repositories, applications, code designs, processes and implementation from a security perspective.
- Working with development and infrastructure members to identify and resolve security issues in context of any potential compensating controls (WAF, IPS, IDS, ML, AI, NBA, EUBA, CASB).
- Working with software developers to integrate application security from group up for build and assurance processes.
- Prior experience with application software development life cycle (SDLC) and Security Software development life cycle (SSDLC) necessary.
- DAST/SAST/WSA/API experience is critical to success in this position.
- Experience with vulnerability management, application security concepts, best practices, and architectures for API, Microservices, networking and data.
- Assess software architecture and in collaboration with security architects, identify appropriate software constructs, methods, and solutions to enable security delivery of application services.
- Experience in Waterfall, Agile, SCRUM, CI/CD and DevOps secure DevOps experience a plus.
- Experience working in an information security organization and understanding of Governance, Risk, and Controls processes.
- Experience with browser security controls and practices.
- Mobile application platform experience a plus.
- Contributes to overall enterprise technical architecture and implementation best practices.
- Informs efforts to develop and refine functional and non-functional requirements.
- B.S. in Computer Science or B.S. Software Engineering or B.A. in Computer Information Systems or equivalent education or experience.
- Minimum ten (10) + plus years of relevant technology job experience.
- Experience in the Financial Services industry preferred.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities
- 401K with robust company match
- 15+ PTO days, in addition to 8 paid company holidays
- The opportunity to work for Americas Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.