Our Operations team is the grease for our wheels. We have a strong ecosystem at loanDepot, and it all revolves around providing the tools to ensure success in every role. Our operations teams which can include Processing, Underwriting, Funding and more, are all invaluable pieces of the mortgage lending puzzle. We warrant a positive culture, promote teamwork & are continuously striving to take care of both our valued borrowers & our extraordinary employees.Come join us!
loanDepot We are Americas Lender.
Responsible for the development and oversite of the underwriters to ensure that they are trained in the proper application of established company lending guidelines as well as applicable agency and government requirements. This includes the oversite of individual underwriter quality and customer service standards. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the companys policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Creates and employs consistent practices within day-to-day operations, providing support to Underwriting team with onboarding processes and with employee relation issues.
- Maintains compliance with agency and GSE underwriting policies and procedures.
- Works with Quality Control department in reviewing and reconciling Deficiency Review(s) from investors and assists with audit responses.
- Provides direction to underwriting team regarding underwriting and program conditions; gives direction to team regarding unusual or complex individual consumer requests.
- Oversees and delegates training to underwriting staff in agency and government programs or products; holds regular meetings with the team to ensure high levels of customer service are maintained.
- Analyzes and reviews financial statements, credit reports and applicable ratios for escalated files; evaluates and examines escalated transactions to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Provides explanation and supporting documentation rationale behind credit decisions; underwrites complex loans, employee transactions and performs second level reviews.
- Maintains deep understanding of sourcing, fulfillment and quality control activities necessary to produce high quality, salable, well-performing residential mortgage loans.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with Ops and Sales leadership to ensure timely and effective resolutions to customer service issues.
- Monitors, addresses and resolves pre-fund/post close QC audits, PETR letters and VA deficiencies.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- High School Degree or equivalent required and a minimum of five (5) years experience working in mortgage underwriting with recent exposure in both government and agency originations
- Minimum two (2) years of management experience preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options
- Company-paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities
- 401K with robust company match
- DTO and 8 paid company holidays
- The opportunity to work for Americas Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh