Our Operations team is the grease for our wheels. We have a strong ecosystem at loanDepot, and it all revolves around providing the tools to ensure success in every role. Our operations teams which can include Processing, Underwriting, Funding and more, are all invaluable pieces of the mortgage lending puzzle. We warrant a positive culture, promote teamwork & are continuously striving to take care of both our valued borrowers & our extraordinary employees. Come join us!
loanDepot We are Americas Lender.
Responsible for closing, funding and audit procedures for a pipeline of loans. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the companys policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Verifies loan meets requirements for issuance of closing disclosures by utilizing the closing scheduler procedures.
- Reviews loan notes and underwriting conditions to verify requirements are being met, ensuring data integrity between Empower data entry and documentation on file.
- Enters loan conditions into system as needed, enters pipeline comments and communicates status of files to parties involved.
- Manages a pipeline by following communication flow charts, communicating current status of loans requiring corrections and updates, and partnering with all parties for successful resolutions.
- Adheres to communications protocol and follows established policies and procedures, escalating issues as necessary.
- Communicates effectively and regularly with teammates and management.
- Promptly replies to emails and answers phone calls, stays updated on all process/system changes, and ensures initial file reviews are completed daily; adheres to fluctuating file processing minimums as set by management.
- Ensures files and documents meet company, investor, and compliance requirements; confirms that documents are drawn within posted turn times and consistently meet deadlines.
- Processes files; completes quality, salable loans with minimal errors.
- Verifies several aspects of the documentation and process including, but not limited to: property addresses, wire information for funding, information on insurance policies, all fees, impound and MI. Ensure documents correspond to the correct program and investor.
- Communicates with 3rd party providers to request corrections and updates and to ensure timelines are being met.
- Coordinates and communicates with processing department for correcting and completing the files.
- Develops in-depth knowledge of entire loan life cycle in order to fully understand implication of the work of the closing function; proficient user of the document management system.
- Accurately files documents information in the system and ensures all information is complete and accurate. Uses checklists and other job aides as necessary to accurately complete all required information.
- Responsible for prioritizing loans in a timely and efficient manner and preparing CD by following established loanDepot procedures as published in YODA.
- Collaborates with title/escrow companies to balance fees, routes Mock CDs to appropriate parties, and issues CD to borrowers upon approval.
- Follows established procedures and meets turn times in SLA, ensuring collaboration with title and quality/accuracy of all documents; escalates issues as necessary. Communicates changes effectively and regularly with teammates and management.
- Prepares closing documents by following established procedures published in YODA for both Wet and Dry funding states.
- Ensures funding conditions are satisfied and cleared prior to ordering funding wire or authorizing disbursement.
- Confirms, verifies and orders funding wire ensuring timely disbursement; reviews fully executed closing documents for disbursement authorization; follows established procedures for both Wet and Dry states.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned
- High School degree or equivalent required
- Minimum one (1) year of related work experience and/or training preferred
- Experience in the Mortgage industry preferred
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Develops and maintains respect with all employees and management.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the Company Culture.
- Exercises initiative in organizing and completing assigned tasks according to established guidelines, safety standards and procedures, deadlines and department parameters.
- Solves problems by using judgment based upon knowledge of existing management policies and departmental practices and procedures.
- Meets established productivity and task management standards or seeks assistance.
- Effective communication with internal departments and clients.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Basic math skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- 15+ PTO days in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for Americas Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.