Our Operations team is the grease for our wheels. We have a strong ecosystem at loanDepot, and it all revolves around providing the tools to ensure success in every role. Our operations teams which can include Processing, Underwriting, Funding and more, are all invaluable pieces of the mortgage lending puzzle. We warrant a positive culture, promote teamwork & are continuously striving to take care of both our valued borrowers & our extraordinary employees.
loanDepot We are Americas Lender.
Underwrite residential mortgage loans ensuring compliance with company and secondary market investor standards. Evaluate loans in order to maximize organizational profit and minimize risk or loss. Examine loan documentation for accuracy and completeness and escalate exceptions to appropriate management levels for review.
- Accountable for underwriting individual mortgage products within the company and investor/industry guidelines
- Accurately review financial statements, credit reports and applicable ratios (i.e. DTI and LTV) to underwriting decision
- Evaluating/examining transactions to judge accuracy and completeness
- Communicate underwriting results and trends
- Independently ensure documents are consistent and uphold to company and investor/industry guidelines
- Investigating loan requests using fraud detection techniques
- Facilitating renegotiation of loans based on lending guidelines
- Communicate directly with partners to gather information to make appropriate decisions
- Communicate rationale behind credit decisions
- Communicate effectively with internal staff to maintain a high level of customer service
- Develop a timely flow of underwriting files and condition sign off to facilitate company turn times.
- Assist Processing with problematic files to expedite submissions.
- Effectively communicate with Loan Consultants and Processors the correct answers to program guidelines and borrower qualification.
- 4 or more years of successful professional experience within the mortgage lending industry preferred.
- 1-3 years of successful Conventional underwriting required.
- Valid and current FHA Direct Endorsement (DE) and VA certification preferred.
- Proficiency in DU(Desktop Underwriter) and LP (Loan Prospector) Programs.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Competitive compensation is reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company-paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with a robust company match.
- 15+ PTO days, in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for Americas Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.