Job ID: 2021-5450
# of Openings: 1
Category: Operations Support
Alro Steel is currently seeking a Scheduler/Allocator to join our team in Charlotte, MI.
Join the Alro team and start building your tomorrow!
Whether you are a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Alro offers rewarding and challenging career opportunities, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package. We work hard to provide our teammates with comprehensive on-the-job training for a multitude of business disciplines, so that they can maximize their career expectations.
Most importantly, employment at Alro is about being a part of something bigger. Its about being on a team that employs the highest levels of loyalty, honesty and integrity. Its about exceeding customer expectations on a daily basis by taking a true interest in their needs. An Alro career provides a dynamic work environment that allows our teammates to learn, grow and succeed in whatever they put their minds to, both personally and professionally.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- scheduling common carriers;
- schedule and allocate customer orders;
- ensure the orders are adhering to current lead times;
- follow up on any back orders and customer rejection orders;
- update daily spreadsheets for customer orders and trucking deliveries;
- monitor current inventory needs for customer orders;
- complete material certification reports, file them and send to corporate;
- provide daily reports for production to supervision;
- complete the RFQ forms;
- assist in production, shipping/receiving when needed.
The ideal candidate will:
- be attentive to detail;
- be an effective communicator;
- have strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- be proficient in MS Word and Excel.
- Competitive pay
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Disability Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
About the company:
Alro Steel Corporation supplies raw materials (carbon, stainless steel, aluminum and red metals) to a variety of manufacturing and other industries. Our customer base, ranging in size from small to very large users of metals, has come to depend on Alro's commitment to excellent delivery service.
Alro Steel, established in 1948, is a privately held corporation with over 60 facilities strategically located throughout the Midwest and Southeast.
Alro Steel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and offers a Drug-Free Environment and Opportunities for Advancement.