See all jobs in BROOKLANDVILLE MD
Job Location: BROOKLANDVILLE, MD
Requisition ID: 2021-173763
Shift: Day Shifts & Night Shifts
Campus Services Group is actively seeking an experienced School Custodian in your area! Have a passion to serve in the community? Join our team!
$14.00 - $15.00 an hour based on experience
What We Offer!
- Free Telemedicine and Prescription discounts
- Comprehensive Health Coverage
- Paid Holidays and Vacation for eligible employees
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available
- Transfers available Nationwide. Great for active Military and Family!
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Performs janitorial and cleaning activities within established guidelines, assigned areas and shift(s) to ensure that quality standards, safety guidelines and customer service expectations are met.
- Utilizes protective gear in all appropriate functions
- The Custodian is responsible for satisfactory and timely completion of assigned cleaning area according to schedule.
- Reports equipment/cleaning product needs and or malfunctions to supervisor in a timely fashion.
- The Custodian performs a variety of tasks, such as dust mopping and damp mopping floors in all areas including entry ways, corridors, classrooms, cafeterias, multipurpose rooms, auditoriums, etc., is responsible for the safe and proper mixing and use of cleaning solutions and adheres to all safety precautions.
- Cleans and sanitizes bathrooms including sinks, floors and commodes.
- Is responsible for the daily cleaning and sanitizing of rooms, common areas and furniture
- Removes and disposes of trash and performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Empties wastebaskets and pencil sharpeners; removes graffiti in the interior or exterior of the building when necessary.
- Cleans shower rooms and water fountains; disinfects floors, walls and toilet bowls; polishes fixtures and mirrors; replenishes lavatory supplies such as tissues, towels and soap.
- Interacts appropriately with facility personnel, supervisor and the public.
- Responds to customer preferences, complies with industry, federal and state guidelines
- Must respond to the paging system in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Follows infection control and universal precautions policies and procedures to ensure that a sanitary environment is maintained at all times.
- Follow proper reporting, isolation and handwashing procedures/techniques.
- The Custodian consistently embodies the characteristics necessary to drive the Company's Purpose, Vision, Values, and DNA.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Previous school custodial/janitorial experience preferred.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English to communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to cooperate with co-workers and facility staff.
- Willingness to perform routine, repetitive tasks on a continuous basis.
- After the training period is completed, must be able to accomplish all responsibilities without supervision and do so without injury to oneself or other individuals.
- Must be able to fully understand and complete all in-services.
- Must be able to be at work as scheduled on time.
- Must be able to lift/carry a maximum of 50 pounds, push/pull a maximum of 50 pounds, stand, sit, bend and walk for extended periods of time.
Campus Services Group, part of Healthcare Services Group, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Healthcare Services Group, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.